Page 3 of 3

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Colour Fringing and colour i

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:45 pm
by Josef01
Thank you for all information, I see the problem is in CMOS sensor 4K, I rather choose 6K.

cinema5d.com/blackmagic-pocket-cinema-camera-6k-lab-test-dynamic-range-latitude-rolling-shutter-more/

youtube.com/watch?v=3byzdtU_HAQ

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Colour Fringing and colour i

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 3:53 pm
by deezid
Josef01 wrote:Thank you for all information, I see the problem is in CMOS sensor 4K, I rather choose 6K.

cinema5d.com/blackmagic-pocket-cinema-camera-6k-lab-test-dynamic-range-latitude-rolling-shutter-more/

youtube.com/watch?v=3byzdtU_HAQ


It's not a sensor problem. The GH5s, Terra 4K, Z-Cam E2 and Pocket 4K all use the same sensor: Sony IMX294/299. None of the other cameras has the gamut clipping/red turning pink issue nor problems with wilt looking foliage. It's a BMD Film V4 problem.

Only a color science update can fix it.

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Colour Fringing and colour i

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:02 pm
by Dmitry Shijan
Resolve 16.3 beta 3 new Gamut Compression option in RAW tab now fix all problems with color clipping in Gen 4 as well as in Gen 5. It just makes Gen4 behave same as Gen5 and protects extreme saturated colors from clipping when you do color and gamma transformations inside RAW tab. This is only for BRAW yet. DNG don't have this option.
Image
Image

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Colour Fringing and colour i

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:09 pm
by deezid
Dmitry Shijan wrote:Resolve 16.3 beta 3 new Gamut Compression option in RAW tab now fix all problems with color clipping in Gen 4 as well as in Gen 5. It just makes Gen4 behave same as Gen5 and protects extreme saturated colors from clipping when you do color and gamma transformations inside RAW tab. This is only for BRAW yet. DNG don't have this option.


Wish it was coming for cDNG also.

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Colour Fringing and colour i

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:16 am
by Wayne Steven
Yes, what I was asking for, apart from the ramping.

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Colour Fringing and colour i

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:47 pm
by Dmitry Shijan
The most interesting thing is that Gamut Compression in BRAW works very different than Saturation Mapping in CST node. Gamut Compression handle colors very similar to RED IPP2. So i really would love to see this option in DNG RAW settings as well as in CST node.
Also some slider to adjust Gamut Compression strength may be useful.

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Colour Fringing and colour i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:41 am
by CaptainHook
We plan to add it as an option to the CST plugin but no plans to update DNG.

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Colour Fringing and colour i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:46 am
by Dmitry Shijan
CaptainHook wrote:We plan to add it as an option to the CST plugin but no plans to update DNG.

Thanks for info! CST plugin with Gamut Compression is more than enough to make DNG look nice.

Re: Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Colour Fringing and colour i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:25 am
by deezid
CaptainHook wrote:We plan to add it as an option to the CST plugin but no plans to update DNG.


In case it works exactly the same way, that would be great!