Load BMPC4K Footage to iPad Pro 2018?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Chris Chiasson

PostMon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Currently interested in trying editing off an iPad Pro. It seems very likely Final Cut will be coming to it after WWDC 2019, with many more pro apps coming as well. Currently I don't see the iPad Pro being used for projects over the 40 minute mark (not unless we get some external storage support), but stuff under 5 or 10 minutes, I can see myself using it. However, I get the feeling getting footage off the SSD or SD card isn't gonna work, since IOS is picky with folder names. Has anyone tried loading Pocket 4K footage onto the iPad Pro 2018?

AdamTV

Re: Load BMPC4K Footage to iPad Pro 2018?

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 3:32 am

When Apple approaches this opportunity I suspect they will do it via iCloud following Adobes lead. Just a guess but it seems like a logical approach at least for Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johannes Hoffmann

Re: Load BMPC4K Footage to iPad Pro 2018?

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 11:18 am

The next issue you will encounter after solving the file transfer problem is finding an app that reads ProRes.

I have not tried on the new iPad Pro but on the non Pro iPad 2018 (iOS 11 days) I only found one that would play ProRes (Infuse If I remember correct).

Still along way to go ...

Johannes
Apple M1 Max, 32GB, 32 GB GPU – macOS Monterey
almost retired: MacPro 5.1, 48GB, RX 580 – macOS Mojave

rick.lang

PostFri May 24, 2019 9:57 pm

I’d like to use the iPad Pro 2018 11” to offload video via my SDXC and CFast 2 card reader. Both the iPad and the card reader support USB-C USB3.1 Gen 2. But does the Files app in iOS on the new iPad allow me to copy the media files to the iPad or must one Import the files in Photos (which I don’t want to do)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

carlomacchiavello

PostSat May 25, 2019 8:45 am

LumaFusion allow you to manage and edit some slfootage by WiFi, some tool like snarbox is thought to do that.
From that to edit raw or prores on iPad ...
Apple must rethink a lots of things.
I talk about software, software access to hardware not about power.
With first iPad Pro I can easily edit raw photo in real-time without lag in Affinity photo, paint on it, develop and more. Actual power of tablet is a Ferrari against a bicicle if I think to my first computer where I start to edit 30 years ago (yes before avid there was other solution on Amiga to edit video)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Cinematography