Fujinon 4K lens designed for Blackmagic URSA Broadcast

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Linden deCarmo

Re: Fujinon 4K lens designed for Blackmagic URSA Broadcast

PostFri Aug 09, 2019 7:40 pm

rspeiser wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, and indeed a "one last try" power cycle on the camera brought back the focus and zoom.

Excellent. That is another useful datapoint.

rspeiser wrote:Also discovered (which you may know already) is that the focus ring needs to be pushed forward into Macro mode in order to disengage the manual override. If you don't, focus changes in the software return to their previous setting as soon as you stop changing them.

My fault, I forgot to mention that. We burned some time trying to figure out why the software focus didn't work until we discovered this.

rspeiser wrote:Thanks for the link to the thread I'll read up on that. Also was wondering about routing the returns to the cams; good to know about the BM SDI distribution 4k solution.

We originally were sending the CCU info via the router but that wouldn't scale for us and would use up too many outputs on the router when we fully deploy so we went ahead and bought the SDI Distribution. Was doubtful if it would help w/the zoom but surprisingly it did.

philglaser

Re: Fujinon 4K lens designed for Blackmagic URSA Broadcast

PostMon Nov 29, 2021 1:58 am

Anyone here getting their hands on the Broadcast G2? I would be very interested to see some test footage with the LA16x8BRM. I'm hoping for improved low light, sharpness wide open, and perhaps some sort of wizardry that might even further improve the chromatic aberration that is visible at full zoom as shown in MadPanic's sample video at 1:30 (thanks for your sample videos!)

Previous

Return to Cinematography