Cant update bmpcc 4k to firmware 6.2

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Kristian Lam

Blackmagic Design

Re: Cant update bmpcc 4k to firmware 6.2

PostFri May 10, 2019 7:48 am

Niklas Olofsson wrote:I have a little bit different issue...
I can't install the CameraSetUp 6.3 on my mac, because the OS requirements is no "HighSierra".
Older Camera SetUp Apps worked on my mac.. even version 6.2 !!

So how should it be possible to update the Camera if you don't have a suitable Computer, or maybe no Computer at all.

Why isn't the "Camera SetUp App" just an ordinary App that connects to your Camera and with functions like "reset" the camera... up or downgrade the Firmware, etc.

Why is the whole App the "Firmware"?

I don't understand that.

We only test the last 2 versions of the current OS, this saves us time with a new software release. It *should* still work with High Sierra. What is the issue you're having?

Niklas Olofsson

PostFri May 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Kristian Lam wrote:
I can't install the CameraSetUp 6.3 on my mac, because the OS requirements is no "HighSierra".

So how should it be possible to update the Camera if you don't have a suitable Computer, or maybe no Computer at all.

Why isn't the "Camera SetUp App" just an ordinary App that connects to your Camera and with functions like "reset" the camera... up or downgrade the Firmware, etc.

I don't understand that.

We only test the last 2 versions of the current OS, this saves us time with a new software release. It *should* still work with High Sierra. What is the issue you're having?

... no, it doesn't work properly on "El Capitan"... well.. sometimes. The "Uninstall App" is not compatible at all.
Anyway.. maybe it will change in the future.. would be nice to be able to update the Camera through the iPad App or so.

Niklas Olofsson

PostSat Jul 27, 2019 4:33 pm

Kristian Lam wrote:

I don't understand that.

... well Kristian,.. no changes so far for the "system requirements" in version 6.4.1.. still needs Mojave or High Sierra on a Mac. I think I will be restricted to update my camera in future.. or I need to buy a new Computer.

Kristian Lam

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jul 29, 2019 4:05 am

... well Kristian,.. no changes so far for the "system requirements" in version 6.4.1.. still needs Mojave or High Sierra on a Mac. I think I will be restricted to update my camera in future.. or I need to buy a new Computer.

Sorry, this will not change. We'll only test with the later versions of the OS. What is not working?

Niklas Olofsson

PostMon Jul 29, 2019 5:52 am

I can't install and open the "Camera Setup" App - it doesn't match with the OS on my Computer. My Computer needs "High Sierra" or "Mojave", but I have an "older" Computer, that doesn't support those Operating Systems ... only up to "El Capitan".

Denny Smith

PostMon Jul 29, 2019 4:22 pm

Did you try installing the ver 6.2 firmware on your computer, or are you just going by the install notes?
I have used an old Mac with El Capitan to install recent FW updates with out any issues. ;)
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Niklas Olofsson

PostMon Jul 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Denny Smith wrote:Did you try installing the ver 6.2 firmware on your computer, or are you just going by the install notes?
I have used an old Mac with El Capitan to install recent FW updates with out any issues. ;)

.. yes, I can install 6.2, but that is not the point ... no "Camera Setup App" above that version can be installed/open on an "El Capitan" Mac.
So what happen if a P4K relevant Firmware Update version 6.+.+ will be released?

WahWay

PostSat Oct 01, 2022 12:24 pm

Upgraded my Mac to Monterey recently and now I cant upgrade my Pocket 4k firmware from v6.1 to any version. It detect the camera and initiate the update and then give error message saying cable failed :roll:

carlomacchiavello

PostSun Oct 02, 2022 8:21 am

WahWay wrote:Upgraded my Mac to Monterey recently and now I cant upgrade my Pocket 4k firmware from v6.1 to any version. It detect the camera and initiate the update and then give error message saying cable failed :roll:
Monterey had tons of problem on Usb, had problems with usb hub, I should go back to bigsur be cause not support my powered usb hub that I use to exchange between my computers all setup of external audio card, disks, capture card and more apple confirm problema but never solve it, also in the newer Ventura.
For older Mac intel based someone find solution hackintosh tool to enumerate usb, but all, if you have newer M1 M2 no problem …
seems a obsolescence bug that stay to force people to not update or change computer

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Previous

Return to Cinematography