Thanks Blackmagic!

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Gary Collins

Thanks Blackmagic!

PostWed May 22, 2019 12:57 pm

Hello Everyone

Just want to say thanks to Blackmagic Design, firstly to their repairs department who have helped me repair my Production 4k, the guys were great. Secondly, to thank Blackmagic Design for making the original Pocket and Production at such a great price. Those cameras finally made me jump and go for it, to create my own Videography business here in Ireland and I had a great 3 years at it, able to support my family and film some stuff the way I'd always wanted to. I've posted one of my clips here, I know it is in no way even on the richter scale of you professional guys, so I know that!, but without Blackmagic I would have shot this stuff with a lesser camera and I'm glad I was able to do what I did. SO thanks guys all round, your company really was like a dream for nobodies like me! Thanks guys!

rick.lang

Thanks Blackmagic!

PostWed May 22, 2019 5:56 pm

Gary, watched both compilations. Nice work. Every shoot you learn something and add something so keep on living your dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by rick.lang on Thu May 23, 2019 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Lang

Gary Collins

Re: Thanks Blackmagic!

PostWed May 22, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi Rick

Thanks very much for that! I've been looking at this forum for years and I've seen some of your clips, very very nice. I'm also in love with the anamorphic look, I think you are too!!! It's true, it's been a learning curve for me all the way but it's been great fun. Love filming stuff and using these cameras. Maybe some day I'll join the 4.6 club...... :o

rick.lang

PostThu May 23, 2019 12:50 am

Gary Collins wrote:... It's true, it's been a learning curve for me all the way but it's been great fun...

When it’s all said and done, that’s the truth, the accidental consequence. The greater the effort, including the pain, the greater the reward. And of course, I’m not talking about finances, but spiritual grace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Stephen Esseenyne

PostFri May 24, 2019 11:55 am

I want to say thanks too to the peeps at BMD for their work on DR. In fact next time there's an update I must remember to say thanks on the registration form.

Gary Collins

PostFri May 24, 2019 7:11 pm

Rick

We'll take all the Grace we can get Rick, that's for sure. Got my cam back in the post today, oh it's a beautiful thing to hold her again!! lol I've a Wedding next Thursday so she's ready for action. Stephen's right too - I actually got Resolve free with my cams and get free updates, the whole thing is brilliant.

Return to Cinematography