Comparison BRAW vs DNG (UMP G1)

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

carlomacchiavello

Re: Comparison BRAW vs DNG (UMP G1)

PostSat Sep 04, 2021 3:34 pm

patfish wrote:Is there a way to reset/flash my URSA MINI PRO 4.6K back to the CDNG Firmware?
I use this camera mainly for VFX work, and I'm very disappointed with my green screen result with BRAW. BRAW does some color compressions(that's a fakt), and that's the worst thing you can do if you want a perfect key. I did a quick test with my old Sony FS700 with an Odysee Q7 (4K 12Bit CDNG) recorder against the URSA with BRAW and I got shocking better results with the old Sony.
Sure, if I remember correctly firmware 6.0 or 6.1 had both braw and cdng. I usually upgrade and downgrade ursa mini pro if and when I need.
You should only remove actual camera software from your computer and install older.
Actually the only visual difference between that firmware and last Are about framing sign and something about timecode with broadcast using (if I remember correctly).
I tested extensively doing same exact shooting with different later firmware and picture quality in braw are exactly the same from 6.0 to up.
Anyway, I did many green screen with braw q0 and 5:1 // 3:1, could different way to manage color?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Previous

Return to Cinematography