Older 4/3rds lens 50mm F2 Macro not functioning on BMPCC4k

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Daniel Montoya

Older 4/3rds lens 50mm F2 Macro not functioning on BMPCC4k

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Hi,

I have just been testing allot of my lens collection on the BMPCC4k. I am happy to report almost all the older 4/3rds lenses I have acquired and accumulated work fine on the new 4K pocket (F2 zooms, Pana/Leica 14-150 etc). One of my favourites does not , the Olympus 50mm F2 Macro. The camera tries to focus it, then it just stops at infinity. It works fine on my original pocket, and fine on the E-m1 bodies I have.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this ?

I have a few adaptors and tested them all with the lens.

Daniel Montoya

Re: Older 4/3rds lens 50mm F2 Macro not functioning on BMPCC

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 12:28 am

Australian Image wrote:I found that to be the case with all of my 4/3 lenses (including the 50mm), no matter the adapter. I wasn't overly worried about that as I intended to use manual focus entirely and that works fine whether the lens has focus-by-wire or mechanical option.

Does your 50mm f2 focus by wire still on the BMPCC4K? Thats the issue I'm having, it will not focus by wire, every other lens seems to work fine. The Macro just seises up at infinity and does not work. It works on every other body I have, including the original pocket. I'm sure I can find another lens in a pinch, but it is a great macro. I just wanted to know if it was the firmware on the camera or my lens.

Dimitris Zuiko

Re: Older 4/3rds lens 50mm F2 Macro not functioning on BMPCC

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 11:43 am

Hi,

I also have a collection of Zuiko 4/3 lenses.
The biggest disappointment is the 7-14mm f4. I can control aperture but focus ring is ..dead.
Restart does not help. Big issue because late lenses such as 8-18mm are not rectilinear and pocket does not correct distortion.

Return to Cinematography