Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

ricardo marty

  • Posts: 1102
  • Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:03 am

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostThu Dec 19, 2019 1:53 am

daktulus wrote:@ricardo: Have you tested the Weebill-S with the BMPCC4K yet?

Does it need a counterweight, if you only use a Lumix 12-35 lens?

Can you control the electronic focus of the camera with the latest gimbal software?


No I haven't yet. Been to busy. I expect to try it out during Christmas. Ill post. However Zhiyun says that a counterweight is necessary with the p4k but i don't know if it has m
has to do with the lens. I don't think the 12-40 would be much of a problem. The weight is small you can check it out in amazon.

Ricardo Marty
Resolve Studio 17, Lenovo 7i15, i7-10750H Processor, 6 Cores, Nvidia 2060 6Gb, 16Gb ram, 512 nvme sd. Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6600. Focusrite ableton
Offline

Anatoly

  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:36 am
  • Real Name: Anatoliy Gaevskiy

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 1:52 pm

Kristian Lam wrote:
Anatoly wrote:Hi, any news on supporting camera controls Crane 3 gimbal?


Please check with the respective gimbal manufacturers.

That is exactly what gimbal manufacturer is saying - check with camera manufacturer.
Ping-pong... and nobody is looking for solution
Offline

eyedear

  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:32 pm
  • Real Name: Young-Sun Teh

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostSat Feb 22, 2020 2:42 pm

I have the weebill-s and the image transmission module. Once everything rigged up you will have record, aperture, shutter, iso and exposure comp accessible via the gimbal. You will need a counter weight for any lenses bigger than the 17 1.8, 25 1.8 and 45 1.8 from olympus.
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 7:53 am

pnguyen720 wrote:I forgot about this announcement so thanks for the reminder.

I'd just be happy to have start/stop recording control from my Moza Air 2. But, if you have a Lumix lens, I can totally see how you can also use the gimbal wheel to control focus without having to mount an iFocus attachment.


It's been a while but rec start/stop is working now with the BMPCC and Air2 with the latest firmware. Also tracking and mime are new and nice options of the new Moza app!
Offline

pnguyen720

  • Posts: 464
  • Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:17 pm
  • Real Name: Phong Nguyen

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 4:12 pm

BennoZ wrote:
pnguyen720 wrote:I forgot about this announcement so thanks for the reminder.

I'd just be happy to have start/stop recording control from my Moza Air 2. But, if you have a Lumix lens, I can totally see how you can also use the gimbal wheel to control focus without having to mount an iFocus attachment.


It's been a while but rec start/stop is working now with the BMPCC and Air2 with the latest firmware. Also tracking and mime are new and nice options of the new Moza app!


Nice! Which cable are you using for stop/start?
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostWed Jun 10, 2020 10:24 am

Offline

christiancusson

  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 pm
  • Real Name: Christian Cusson

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 1:54 pm

can't get the record on/off with my new moza air 2 and bmpcc 4k. Did you succeed with the previous bmpcc or the 4k? if it's with the 4k, how did you do it?nbought 2 cables ( one for back up ) mini usb (going in moza air 2) to usb-c ( in bmpcc 4k ) and chose the M3C-USB in camera on the moza but nothing happens...no camera happears on the oled and the record button does nadda! They say to press the moza on/off button once for record and 2 clicks to take photo/still...nadda ...nadda...nadda. can't find anything on the net about it since the 4k was added recently on moza air 2 list of compatible cams

thanks
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostTue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm

christiancusson wrote:can't get the record on/off with my new moza air 2 and bmpcc 4k. Did you succeed with the previous bmpcc or the 4k? if it's with the 4k, how did you do it?nbought 2 cables ( one for back up ) mini usb (going in moza air 2) to usb-c ( in bmpcc 4k ) and chose the M3C-USB in camera on the moza but nothing happens...no camera happears on the oled and the record button does nadda! They say to press the moza on/off button once for record and 2 clicks to take photo/still...nadda ...nadda...nadda. can't find anything on the net about it since the 4k was added recently on moza air 2 list of compatible cams

thanks

I’m using the BMPCC 4K and record trigger just wirks fine. I bought the cable at Gudsens webshop. Do you have firmware 1.0.4?
Offline

christiancusson

  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 pm
  • Real Name: Christian Cusson

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 8:56 pm

I bought a usb-c (p4k) to mini usb (moza) is this what you are using and what camera option did you choose on the moza? there is shutter cable, mcsc-multi, mcsc-multi/c, mcsc-remote, m3c-usb.

they say to use m3c-cp in the release notes-air 2 but there is no such thing in the menu...I chose m3c-usb and nothing ( itried all the others too but nothing happens)

What procedure did you use?

thanks a bunch
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:28 pm

christiancusson wrote:I bought a usb-c (p4k) to mini usb (moza) is this what you are using and what camera option did you choose on the moza? there is shutter cable, mcsc-multi, mcsc-multi/c, mcsc-remote, m3c-usb.

they say to use m3c-cp in the release notes-air 2 but there is no such thing in the menu...I chose m3c-usb and nothing ( itried all the others too but nothing happens)

What procedure did you use?

thanks a bunch

The link of the cable I used is mentioned a few posts above. I think only this cable will work. You have to set the gimbal to m3c-usb.
Offline

christiancusson

  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:08 pm
  • Real Name: Christian Cusson

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostThu Jun 25, 2020 1:34 pm

I saw they sell their own cable and you're right, finally found a note, somewhere (their manual and add notes and all their chinese to english translation is total crap) and it says:" note that the m3c-c and the m3c-cp are different cables"...so you have to buy their 20us + 20 us shipping 3$ cable cause you don't know how they wired it inside(cause i would have done it myself) and can't find that piece of crap cable anywhere else( even if I have the same both ends plugs than their cable) and also....it's like their wireless remote they sell 119us$ to control the ifocus M, it's obvious they intentionally didn't put the ifocus control in their app so you will have to buy their remote 'cause you have every other functions in that app...why not the wheel?

But Thanks
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostThu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 pm

christiancusson wrote:I saw they sell their own cable and you're right, finally found a note, somewhere (their manual and add notes and all their chinese to english translation is total crap) and it says:" note that the m3c-c and the m3c-cp are different cables"...so you have to buy their 20us + 20 us shipping 3$ cable cause you don't know how they wired it inside(cause i would have done it myself) and can't find that piece of crap cable anywhere else( even if I have the same both ends plugs than their cable) and also....it's like their wireless remote they sell 119us$ to control the ifocus M, it's obvious they intentionally didn't put the ifocus control in their app so you will have to buy their remote 'cause you have every other functions in that app...why not the wheel?

But Thanks

Yes, very 'strange' Company and also bad support. But their products are very good. I did pay $45,00 for a silly cable but hey, it works :-)
I believe you can't control the iFocus M by the remote handunit, only the iFocus (without M). But it's very silly that you can't control the iFocus by the app. It's mentioned on their website but when you ask them they say it will be in a future update... I'm waiting 15 months for this update now....
Offline
User avatar

dondidnod

  • Posts: 359
  • Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:52 am
  • Location: Castro Valley, CA
  • Real Name: Donald Keller

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostTue Jul 07, 2020 7:05 pm

For the next few hours today, the Moza Air 2 is on sale for $349:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... lizer.html
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 8:52 am

Hmmm, the rec start/stop doesn’t work when you use an iFocus-M. If you power the gimbal only iFocus-M works, rec start/stop doesn’t. But when you disconnect and connect the remote USB cable then rec start/stop works and iFocus-M doesn’t. I have two gimbals and both have the same behaviour. Anyone having the same problem?
Offline

Jonesxxx

  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:02 pm
  • Location: UK
  • Real Name: Nigel Chaloner

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Were you trying to get the BMPCC4K connected to a Moza AIr 2 using an M3C CP cable from Moza?
So that's USB Mini-B on the Moza and USB -C on the Blackmagic?

You seem to say that you did get this to allow the Moza to start / stop recording.

I have been trying to get this to work but failed.

I've been told to set the Moza camera setting to M3C-USB

Any info you have on getting this working would be appreciated.

Regards
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 7:45 pm

Yes, but it doesn’t work in combination with their iFocus-M. I’m e-mailing Gudsen since July 2020 but they NEVER answer, so it still DOESN’T work. Support is horrible at Gudsen.
Offline

Jonesxxx

  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:02 pm
  • Location: UK
  • Real Name: Nigel Chaloner

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 9:56 pm

Yeh, I found Gudsen support is hit and miss. (sales too).

The thing is, I'd be happy if it worked without iFcous but I can;t get that working.

What did you do to achivee this?
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Rec start and stop works perfect without the iFocus M. But only rec start/stop, iris and so on doesn’t work.
Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Here is the latest e-mail I got from Gudsen last year:

“Hello Benno,
Good day.

Air 2 triggers BMPCC 4K record with latest firmware version V1.0.4, but you need an optional cable like this. Thanks
https://store.gudsen.com/products/mc3-p ... trol-cable

Regards

support@gudsen.com
Offline

Jonesxxx

  • Posts: 9
  • Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:02 pm
  • Location: UK
  • Real Name: Nigel Chaloner

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 12:50 pm

Sorry to press you on this but no response from Gudsend so far.

This is odd. I have the latest firmware on Moza & Blackmagic. I have that cable.

I set it the Moza camera setting to M3C-USB

But it doesn't work.

Do you have to set anything on the camera?
Is it thew power button that starts/stop recording?

Thanks in advance.
Offline

BennoZ

  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Real Name: Benno Zwanenburg

Re: Pocket 4K/6K Gimbal Support Coming

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 12:53 pm

M3C-USB is the correct setting for the gimbal, I just checked again. You don’t have to set anything in camera. I don’t know why it doesn’t work.
Record button is the red one, the power button.
Previous

Return to Cinematography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests