BMPCC4K Function Button Bug

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Crossfold Films

BMPCC4K Function Button Bug

PostSat Aug 17, 2019 11:25 am

Hi All,

I just picked up a BMPCC4K from B&H a few days ago. I set the F1 button to select a custom shutter speed of 1/100. Initially the button worked as it should but after the camera is powered down and turned back on, it stops working. It's almost as if the F1 button has forgotten it's function and needs to be manually reset by selecting the shutter speed again.

Has anyone else had a this issue or similar? And does anyone know of any solution?

Cheers,
Sam

pgthompson

Re: BMPCC4K Function Button Bug

PostSun Jun 20, 2021 6:13 pm

Reviving this thread instead of starting a new one. I have the exact same problem with my BMPCC4K. Has anyone else had this issue? It doesn’t seem like a hardware problem, because when it’s working the button is fully responsive. It’s only the F1 button ... which does make me feel like it could be hardware.

For me, it’s not necessarily solved by resetting the F1 setting, or toggling it, or power cycling the camera. I’m fiddling around with it to find a repeatable “fix,” but haven’t had any luck thus far.

Any suggestions? I should probably do a factory reset as a first step, but only time will tell if it works because the problem occurs randomly (or so it seems).

Return to Cinematography