Pocket CC - New Firmware Additions

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Chris Hocking

Pocket CC - New Firmware Additions

Andreas Kaufmann

Re: Pocket CC - New Firmware Additions

PostFri Jul 12, 2013 12:03 pm

hopefully auto focus and percentage display will be available for the 2,5k ef too.. as I heard they want to keep the firmware unified throughout the different models..
www.andreas-kaufmann.net

Chris Hocking

PostFri Jul 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Yes, that's the plan.

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostFri Jul 12, 2013 12:47 pm

AndiDieMaus wrote:hopefully auto focus and percentage display will be available for the 2,5k ef too.. as I heard they want to keep the firmware unified throughout the different models..

Batt percentage may well end up in the EF cameras sooner as that's something they all share, AF has the issues that the lens commands for EF are likely subtly different so may well take more work.

Andreas Kaufmann

PostFri Jul 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks wrote:
AndiDieMaus wrote:hopefully auto focus and percentage display will be available for the 2,5k ef too.. as I heard they want to keep the firmware unified throughout the different models..

Batt percentage may well end up in the EF cameras sooner as that's something they all share, AF has the issues that the lens commands for EF are likely subtly different so may well take more work.

But maybe they already worked on it to announce autofocus for all cameras at the same time..
www.andreas-kaufmann.net

Blaine Russom

PostFri Jul 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Thanks for posting this :) the autofocus, if it is autofocus, is nice but I reeeeallly hope the fixed the major audio issues

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

PostFri Jul 12, 2013 1:55 pm

AndiDieMaus wrote:
Pete Proniewicz-Brooks wrote:

But maybe they already worked on it to announce autofocus for all cameras at the same time..

Possibly but JB seems to get most firmware updates during their test phases and he is saying these are only on the BMPCC at the moment. Though they are planned to get to the others.

Mac Jaeger

PostFri Jul 12, 2013 2:34 pm

At least it sounds like the Pocket CC is really done and ready to ship - promising thought!

Ryan Jones

PostSat Jul 13, 2013 2:34 am

Mac Jaeger wrote:At least it sounds like the Pocket CC is really done and ready to ship - promising thought!

Reading through the tweets Mac it looks like still no Cinema DNG raw though...

I'd rather start playing with it in ProRes and get a raw update later I think.

Mac Jaeger

PostSat Jul 13, 2013 5:14 pm

I won't need to shoot raw before next year, so i'd also rather have the camera earlier, yet without raw capabilities. But considering me living in europe i think i won't see the product for another couple of months after it initially ships...

Return to Cinematography