FX6 footage shows a type of ISO Flickering in Davinci

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

kristophermuniz

FX6 footage shows a type of ISO Flickering in Davinci

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

It seems like disolve is having some trouble with CIne EI Clips when the base ISO was changed mid clip or something. The footage shows random frames in the clip with different ISO (looks like flicker). If someone knows how to fix this, it would be of great help. I already tried tweaking things in the Camera RAW but nothing change.

Jim Simon

Re: FX6 footage shows a type of ISO Flickering in Davinci

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 pm

kristophermuniz wrote:base ISO was changed mid clip

homer-doh-for-web.gif
homer-doh-for-web.gif (7.77 KiB) Viewed 178 times
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

joema4

Re: FX6 footage shows a type of ISO Flickering in Davinci

PostSat Mar 30, 2024 2:35 am

kristophermuniz wrote:It seems like disolve is having some trouble with CIne EI Clips when the base ISO was changed mid clip or something. The footage shows random frames in the clip with different ISO (looks like flicker)...

I just shot several clips with my FX6 using Cine EI 4k/23.98 XAVC-I 10-bit 4:2:2. I changed the base sensitivity between 800 and 12,800 about 20 times on several clips, imported the material to Resolve Studio 18.6.6 and see no problems. I also tried various decoding options in the RAW controls on the Color Page, and with auto iris on and off.

I also tried it using Resolve Color Management and DaVinci YRGB. I did not have MLUTs enabled.

My FX6 is on the latest firmware, version 4.00. I vaguely recollect hearing about some possible issue in Resolve 18.5 if FX6 ISO is changed in mid-clip and while running older camera firmware versions. However I've never seen it before or after upgrading camera firmware.

Resolve Studio 18.6.6
M1 Ultra Mac Studio
MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Return to DaVinci Resolve