Can't save Cloud Project - Cloud Storage issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

philipbowser

Can't save Cloud Project - Cloud Storage issue

PostFri Mar 15, 2024 2:24 pm

DaVinci Resolve stopped being able to save or create new projects in the cloud library yesterday. This affected all users that were a part of that library. When I logged into my admin Cloud account on the web troubleshoot, I couldn't access the Cloud Storage tab because a popup would come up and tell me that I was over my storage limit and needed to upgrade my account. I don't have any files on the Cloud Storage, and even if I did, it wouldn't let me access them to delete them without paying for 500GB to upgrade. So I upgraded to a paid Cloud Storage plan (which we don't have a need for), and I could access the Cloud Storage tab again to see that I did not have any media files in the cloud. However, I could also save projects again.

Is the size of a Cloud Library factored into the total available space in your plan? My Cloud Library was about 2.3GB, and I was on the "Free" Cloud Storage plan, which caps you at 2GB. I didn't have any footage or other files in our Cloud Storage, just the Cloud Library. It was my assumption that the Cloud Storage was for media files, and the size of your Cloud Library didn't factor into your available storage space. Is this not true?

rmcrowe

Re: Can't save Cloud Project - Cloud Storage issue

PostFri Mar 15, 2024 11:31 pm

I had this exact same problem. I mentioned in another post. I called support and they mentioned they were having issues. Sure wish they had a status page so we would know whats going on. Seems to be better for me today.

Joshua Morin

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 11:46 am

This is happening to us as well. We can't create a cloud project. Can someone tell me if they have or are going to fix this?
Resolve 18.6.6 Build 7
Apple M1 Max, 32.0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M, 8Gb
MacOs Monterey

Joshua Morin

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 12:00 pm

Just figured out that I had to upgrade the cloud storage from beta. Everything works as expected following that.
Resolve 18.6.6 Build 7
Apple M1 Max, 32.0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M, 8Gb
MacOs Monterey

Return to DaVinci Resolve