Linking license key to Blackmagic Cloud account

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

joejoejeroen

Linking license key to Blackmagic Cloud account

PostThu May 02, 2024 9:50 am

I recently bought Davinci Resolve Studio and received the license key in my mailbox.
I logged in with the license key and everything works fine, but I have a different question.

I wanted to use the studio version on a different pc and I noticed I could also login with a blackmagic cloud account. I made an account and thought I could maybe link the account to my code but I can't seem
to find it. I have used the same code for my Purchase as for my account.

Is there a way I can link my license to the account so I don't always have to find it back in my mail or save it anywhere else?

Thanks,
Jeroen

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Linking license key to Blackmagic Cloud account

PostThu May 02, 2024 1:36 pm

No. Blackmagic Cloud is different.

You don’t need a DaVinci Resolve Studio license to use Blackmagic Cloud, nor do you to save your projects in a blackmagic cloud project library.

You can also use the activation key on two separate systems concurrently, and via the help menu deactivate it to move to a different system,

Finally, Take a photo of the activation key and put it in a secure location. Treat it like cash. If you lose it it’s gone.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

joejoejeroen

PostThu May 02, 2024 2:39 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:No. Blackmagic Cloud is different.

You don’t need a DaVinci Resolve Studio license to use Blackmagic Cloud, nor do you to save your projects in a blackmagic cloud project library.

You can also use the activation key on two separate systems concurrently, and via the help menu deactivate it to move to a different system,

Finally, Take a photo of the activation key and put it in a secure location. Treat it like cash. If you lose it it’s gone.

Thanks for your reply.
I think I did not explain well, I know everything you said in your reply.
When I install DR Studio on a new pc I want to be able to login to my cloud account but then it says I don't have a license key so I need to put in the license key manually.

My question was if I can link the key I have to the account, so next time I need to validate I have a license key I can just login instead of having to look up the license key from a photo or an old email.

Hope this makes my question more clear

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 03, 2024 3:49 am

Resolve license activation with your key isn't related to BMD cloud so you need to install Resolve with the key on any systems you plan to use Resolve on.

Alternatively, the newly released Blackmagic Cloud Organizations lets you generate Resolve seats by paying through a Blackmagic Cloud account.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 03, 2024 5:21 am

Hi Jeroen

The dongle, the activation key and the Blackmagic cloud rentals are all valid (and distinct) licensing options for DaVinci Resolve Studio 19, and you can use any of these licenses alongside Blackmagic cloud features and plans (like cloud collaboration, project hosting, media syncing, presentations etc). As Peter says, the dongle and activation key are not linked to account info, so you will need to take steps to keep them safe.

To link DaVinci Resolve to Blackmagic Cloud features, enter your Blackmagic ID in preferences > internet accounts or from the project manager. To view cloud licensing options for DaVinci Resolve Studio 19, log in to https://apps.cloud.blackmagicdesign.com/settings, select the Licenses tab and add your Blackmagic ID when prompted for activation.

Hope that makes things clear.
Shrinivas

leafylief

PostThu May 16, 2024 4:01 pm

So is it possible to link the activation key to an existing account?

Return to DaVinci Resolve