Sound library not appearing after import

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

thedavegray

Sound library not appearing after import

PostMon May 13, 2024 5:59 pm

Hi,

Had a couple of goes at this but I simply cannot get the downloaded "Fairlight Sound Library" to show up in Resolve 18.6

I installed at this location G:\Fairlight Sound Library\ which installed 515 clips. Inside of Resolve I connected this library, specifying the folder (above). Neither the Fairlight tab nor the "sound Library" in the edit page show anything.

The 515 files are all present as I manually added one by dragging and it worked fine.

Seems like all the Sound library dropdown lists; Fairlight Sound Library, Local Database and one I created called "1stgo" are associated with some library as the connect to library has gone, and therefore I cannot respecify.

Could anyone please tell me how to get these sound clips to show up in Resolve please?

Thanks

PS - Am I missing something or is there no way to include screenshots in this forum post?

xunile

Re: Sound library not appearing after import

PostMon May 13, 2024 7:22 pm

To include a screenshot, you can click on Upload Attachment right below where you click Submit.

As far as the Sound Library, try typing 3 "*" in the search box if you see it like in my SS.
Attachments
2024-05-13 (2) (Medium).png
2024-05-13 (2) (Medium).png (724.79 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

thedavegray

PostTue May 14, 2024 6:37 pm

xunile wrote:To include a screenshot, you can click on Upload Attachment right below where you click Submit.

As far as the Sound Library, try typing 3 "*" in the search box if you see it like in my SS.

Thanks, that works fine. I actually tried one wildcard before posting but would never thougth to have used three.

Follow up question :D

I have three library locations specified, all showing the same sound clips. Can I delete at least the "1stgo" entry?

Thanks
Attachments
bmdforum2.png
bmdforum2.png (8.02 KiB) Viewed 184 times

Reynaud Venter

PostWed May 15, 2024 4:53 am

For Disk/Local databases, disconnect the database in Resolve's Project Manager and manually delete the target folder in Windows Explorer.

For Postgres/Network databases, disconnect the database in Resolve's Project Manager and use the PGAdmin application to delete the database or drop the database via Windows command line.
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio Premium VAD ⟧
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.5 (23F79) ⟧

thedavegray

PostThu May 16, 2024 6:38 am

Reynaud Venter wrote:For Disk/Local databases, disconnect the database in Resolve's Project Manager and manually delete the target folder in Windows Explorer.

For Postgres/Network databases, disconnect the database in Resolve's Project Manager and use the PGAdmin application to delete the database or drop the database via Windows command line.

Thanks, all working normally now :D

Return to DaVinci Resolve