DRS:BM Collaboration : 93 missing files

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sideways255

DRS:BM Collaboration : 93 missing files

PostWed May 22, 2024 9:45 pm

Getting started I would say my coworker and I certainly should of researched a bit more about what to do to get things set up properly, but we managed to get everything working well enough for us to share a project. Now we are towards the end of production, and I was filling in some files I hadn't gotten from him yet, when suddenly I now have 93 missing files. It also doesn't want to 'find' them when I use the Relink Media function even though I'm pointing towards where the files still reside.

We also had problems at the very start where the program kept making a never ending maze of nested file directories. Things like "Project Folder > Project Subfolder > Davinci Projects > Project Folder > Project Subfolder > ECT" but with several branching paths.

I had thought I had solved our problems by just using 'proxy media' on my side by linking to what are in fact the actual files he sent over but now it seems to have decided to unlink all of my proxy media.

I'm sure we could of set things up better at the start, but what I want to know is why my media suddenly became missing? I was just connecting a missing piece of media when suddenly it unlinks all of my proxy media.

Return to DaVinci Resolve