Cloud Collab Issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Curt Massof

Cloud Collab Issues

PostThu May 23, 2024 7:28 pm

Hello,

I'm an editor working remote while I go through cancer treatment and I'm having some issues keeping files online in shared projects.

The other editors at the company I work for all work off of a shared NAS. I have a RAID I work off of with the same folder structure and camera originals. We all work from a BM Cloud Project database. We don't use proxies because I am the finish editor and do most of the mastering.

Sometimes we have no issues when we need to open the same project, sometimes the footage needs to be reconnected. Sometimes it is all of the footage, other times it's only some of the footage. About half the time the footage can not be reconnected even when pointing to the correct folder, the other half of the time it reconnects properly. We have tried changing the source folder, using the relink icon above the media pool, using relink in the drop down menu, deleting and resetting the file path menu in the project settings and can't seem to find any continuity with what works.

This isn't just happening between myself and the office where the NAS lives but also between editors in the same office. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what works and when. We have even had projects that haven't given us any issues suddenly start acting up.

So what can we try to get this work consistently? Btw, we are all on the same version of Resolve Studio (18.6) and same OS and platform. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Mac Pro (2019)
3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
96 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo 32 GB
Qnap Network Storage
Resolve 18.6 Studio

Home Rig: Mac Studio Pro
M2 Max 32GB
Qnap Raid
Resolve 18.6 Studio