Weird glitch appearing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

molenmer

Weird glitch appearing

PostTue May 21, 2024 3:27 pm

Hi everyone,

It's been quite a while since I posted on this forum as everything has been working pretty great for me.
One of my wedding clients reached out to me because she seems to have lost the files to their wedding film. I keep all my shot contents so obviously this isn't a problem for me to arrange.

However, after placing the project on an ssd, relinking the files and loading up the timeline there is one very weird thing happening; there is a kind of glitch at the end of the edit with the transition I'm using. Originally it was an Additive Dissolve. I tried changing it to different things (Cross Dissolve and Dip To Color Dissolve for example) but this just creates different looking glitches. I tried Rendering the Clip in Place and reapplying the effect but to no avail. I finally reimported the part of the clip I used from my Media Pool but still this glitch persists.

What is going on?

Here is a link to the problem:

And a screenshot:
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 17.16.01.png
Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 17.16.01.png (1019.22 KiB) Viewed 523 times
DR Studio 18.6.6 Build 7 macOS Sonoma 14.4.1
Apple M1 Pro 16" (2021) 16GB RAM

Robert Jones

Re: Weird glitch appearing

PostThu May 23, 2024 8:11 pm

I am having a similar issue where the images have a sort of tearing effects and blotches in the timeline viewer and the cached version in the timeline. When the source is viewed on the source viewer. It looks fine. And now and then the glitch shows up in the source, and it is not random. It stays in the same place.

If I restart Resolve, it then has a new permanent glitch spot until I restart.
Ventura 13.6.7
Resolve 19b3 Studio
Radeon RX 580 8192 MB
Mac 5.1 2,66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Caldigit Pro HD, 8TB

Return to DaVinci Resolve