Seemingly Non Existent Customer support

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Lilmanpurse

Seemingly Non Existent Customer support

PostTue May 07, 2024 2:16 pm

I purchased Davinci Resolve on saturday (4 days ago) and since then a lot of very odd and concerning things have happened. my card was charged 3 times (slightly different amounts each time) for a total of around 1500 dollars.

2 of those charges were returned yesterday after disputing with paypal but the initial charge is still on my card, funds have been removed from my bank and I have received 0 communication from blackmagic confirming the purchase or delivering the activation code. I have emailed them several times and have got nothing back, I called the phone number and was immediately sent to a generic voicemail.

How is it possible this massive company has such an utterly useless customer support system?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Seemingly Non Existent Customer support

PostWed May 08, 2024 2:46 am

Which country are you in?

It could be that online purchase is not available in that country and your paypal transaction was incorrectly completed and then correctly refunded. In which case, BMD don't even know you have made the transaction as its not a supported market for online purchase. IF you can provide some detail we can guide you further.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

xmiths

PostSat May 18, 2024 9:26 am

Lilmanpurse wrote:I purchased Davinci Resolve on saturday (4 days ago) and since then a lot of very odd and concerning things have happened. my card was charged 3 times (slightly different amounts each time) for a total of around 1500 dollars.

2 of those charges were returned yesterday after disputing with paypal but the initial charge is still on my card, funds have been removed from my bank and I have received 0 communication from blackmagic confirming the purchase or delivering the activation code. I have emailed them several times and have got nothing back, I called the phone number and was immediately sent to a generic voicemail.

How is it possible this massive company has such an utterly useless customer support system?

growing pains, there have been similar issues with bm cloud payments as well. Now that you've disputed it, things should settle down.

I like to think of it as they are spending their resources on creating a great product but better customer service would be appreciated too though.

Robert Jones

PostThu May 23, 2024 8:37 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Which country are you in?

It could be that online purchase is not available in that country and your paypal transaction was incorrectly completed and then correctly refunded. In which case, BMD don't even know you have made the transaction as its not a supported market for online purchase. IF you can provide some detail we can guide you further.

Hello Peter,

I have the experience of sending emails to support for my studio technical issues and no one answering over 7 emails. No one responds. I bought the licence so I could have support in case an issue with the software during a job. There is a serious pixelation bug in V19b1 and v19b2.
Ventura 13.6.7
Resolve 19b3 Studio
Radeon RX 580 8192 MB
Mac 5.1 2,66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Caldigit Pro HD, 8TB

SteveW

PostThu May 23, 2024 8:48 pm

You can instruct your credit card company to withhold payment...usually in writing.
Davinci Resolve 19 beta 3 Free Version
Windows 10

Uli Plank

PostFri May 24, 2024 3:04 am

Robert Jones wrote:I bought the licence so I could have support in case an issue with the software during a job. There is a serious pixelation bug in V19b1 and v19b2.
I think you can expect support if doing a job in 18 Studio.
19 is a public beta, and things are the other way around: you should support the developers to make it a great final product! So, document the issue precisely enough to be reproducible, and post in the beta subforum. If you don't have time for that, use 18.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.7, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM
Sonoma 14.5 with 19b3 (sandbox)
SE, UltraStudio Monitor G3

Robert Jones

PostFri May 24, 2024 11:10 pm

Uli Plank wrote:
Robert Jones wrote:I bought the licence so I could have support in case an issue with the software during a job. There is a serious pixelation bug in V19b1 and v19b2.
19 is a public beta, and things are the other way around: you should support the developers to make it a great final product! So, document the issue precisely enough to be reproducible, and post in the beta subforum. If you don't have time for that, use 18.

I am not getting support response since version 18. They are not responding.
Ventura 13.6.7
Resolve 19b3 Studio
Radeon RX 580 8192 MB
Caldigit Pro HD, 8TB

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSat May 25, 2024 7:22 am

Robert Jones wrote:
Uli Plank wrote:

I am not getting support response since version 18. They are not responding.

Which country are you in?
Have you phoned the local support number for that office?
Details on the BMD web site, offices.
Do you have you davinci Resolve purchase invoice details which will include the serial number?
They will need that info.

In the meantime, the FAQs above offer info how to report c29 bug in the beta sub forum
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

GamerKitty Euphoric

PostSat May 25, 2024 7:57 am

My experiance with the "support" is really bad. Typically don't know the software, don't know much really, seems like they are reading off a script and tell you "post on the forums for help" I feel like if they are gonna restrict Support to premium users only... the support should be at least a 2 / 10 (and I'm referring to telephone support from the USA) the email support is quite helpful.
Link to NFO File https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vZTDFIJdy2RPNNZ7qNijLBJ4aB9hzBqJ?usp=sharing

I am in Love with Davinci, but my god does it hate me sometimes.

Robert Jones

PostSun May 26, 2024 4:36 pm

Hello Peter,

I am in the Netherlands, and they do not respond to my emails at all. I have even sent an email with my serial as a response, no one responds. This is really bad. I had a project I couldn't get exported and no one answered.

What do you mean with the "c29"? I didn't understand that part.

Kind regards,
Robert
Ventura 13.6.7
Resolve 19b3 Studio
Radeon RX 580 8192 MB
Caldigit Pro HD, 8TB

Joe Shapiro

PostMon May 27, 2024 12:04 am

Maybe he meant b19?
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 19b2
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.4.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1

Return to DaVinci Resolve