feathered border/light (colour from within frame)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

pixel-challenged

feathered border/light (colour from within frame)

PostSun May 26, 2024 6:51 am

I'm trying to make a subtle glowing/light/border effect around my frame that blinks increasingly quickly and that matches the colour of an area of my clip.

So far, the closest thing I've found is Flicker Addition; I can't figure out how to properly control the flicker timing and such though.

And how can I make the colour of the flicker match the colour of a specific spot on the frame? Say I have a blinking area in my clip itself, with varying degrees of a colour (or hex value?) from frame to frame (bright, dark, bright, etc.). I want the flicker to reflect what is happening with the blinking area, both in terms of the timing of the blinking (which increases in frequency), and the colour.

Complicating matters is that the blinking isn't "on/off", but gets brighter then dimmer, over a very short span of time. Like a realistic blinking light.

(I assume matching the colour will, in turn, simulate matching the frequency, by the way.)

Return to DaVinci Resolve