Davinci Resolve 17 Free

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

0V3RK1LL

Davinci Resolve 17 Free

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 10:23 pm

I have a question. I downloaded the free version, or is that is the only version? Isn't there a more complete software I have to purchase? I tried looking for it in amazon and it's not clear to me if I am buying a hardware or software or both? I only want software. . . Where is it? Or can someone post a link for me to the software, complete software with everything. Not the free one.

cyberphile

Re: Davinci Resolve 17 Free

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 10:44 pm

0V3RK1LL wrote:I have a question. I downloaded the free version, or is that is the only version? Isn't there a more complete software I have to purchase? I tried looking for it in amazon and it's not clear to me if I am buying a hardware or software or both? I only want software. . . Where is it? Or can someone post a link for me to the software, complete software with everything. Not the free one.

The Studio version is the purchased version. You need to purchase either the activation key or a dongle from an authorized seller first. The Studio version can be downloaded here https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/suppor ... and-fusion after you "register". The installation process will request the activation key (or detect the dongle?).
DR Studio 18.5.1
GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 16GB
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 1:40 am

Licenses (keys and dongles) can be purchased through your nearest authorised reseller.

The FAQ section on licensing is probably worth a read too.

Regards
Shrinivas

Povlhp

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 7:36 am

There is a comparison somewhere between free and studio.
They are different downloads, but not much difference in download size.

For me, the most important difference is graphics card accelleration support in the Studio version, and the reason why it has been on my wishlist since Resolve 15. Finally bought the license - and now that the Speed Editor is included, I could better justify it to myself (home user, very little public content). Was hoping it would come to the free version, just using the GPU encoder/decoder with its lower quality.

You can buy it where the hardware USB dongle is the key that allows you to Run resolve,
or you can buy a license. The license allows you to run on 2 machines, and if you activate it on a 3rd the 2 first will not work, and the 3rd is the first of the 2.
Then there are bundles with a free Speed Editor. In the USA they will not ship license before keyboard. In Europe you can order the bundle, will get the license/USB, and will have to wait undefined time for the Speed Editor (my status)

0V3RK1LL

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 6:55 pm

does the free software has an upgrade button? I have the free version Im gonna look for it now incase

Jim Simon

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 9:56 pm

You can't upgrade Free to Studio. They're two separate installers.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve