trackball customization

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

renanbertho

trackball customization

PostMon May 10, 2021 8:12 pm

Hi!
I'm trying to adapt myself to use a Logitech Trackball Marble. However, the commands to scroll and zooming timeline, usually the ones with TAB / SHIFT and ALT combined with the mouse wheel, does not work with the trackball.
Is it possible to customize the trackball options as well as it is possible to customize keyboard?
Can anyone help?
Really appreciate.

Jim Simon

Re: trackball customization

PostMon May 10, 2021 8:26 pm

Keyboard shortcuts can be customized to a degree. Mouse shortcuts can't, including Scroll Wheel functionality.

But...the trackball doesn't have a scroll wheel, does it? Without that, I'm thinking a normal mouse might be better.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Andy Evans

PostMon May 10, 2021 11:36 pm

My trackball (Kensington Pro) has a scroll wheel which acts exactly the same as a mouse wheel for zooming. Have a look in the settings program for your track ball there should be things like scrolling and button click functions you can set, that's what will control the functions, Resolve is only responding to whatever the trackball is set to.
Sound Designer/Mixer
Melbourne Australia
www.mud.net.au

renanbertho

PostTue May 11, 2021 12:10 am

Dear,
Thank you for your reply.
I've just found a wheel emulation that works pretty well :D
https://www.fewprojects.com/marblescrol ... an-marble/
Just install and customize.

Return to DaVinci Resolve