Davinci Resolve Studio 17.2.11 Performance Issues (Windows)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Doh_Not_Again

Davinci Resolve Studio 17.2.11 Performance Issues (Windows)

PostSun May 16, 2021 3:15 am

Hey Everyone!

I have been happily using Resolve for a while now on my Windows 10 Pro Laptop. I don't make Hollywood blockbusters, just short clps for social media and sometimes short restoration or creative projects.

Everything has been going fine, to the point I even purchased a Studio License because I was using it so much.

I now have DR Studio 17.2.11 and I'm hittimg performance issues. Resolve is locking up all the time.
When I initially installed the 17.2.11 update I had no issues, but in the past 48hrs, I am getting the "blue circle of doom" with every section of the program at random intervals. It is virtually unusable right now.

I have an Asus Tuff gaaming laptop, 2tb ssd, 32gb ram, Intel i5 plus NVidia Geforce GTX GPU. I have installed the most recent studio driver for nvidia too i shoild highlight also.

My system is very clean. I don't have lots of apps, games or background processes running. The laptop is basic web browsing, a bit of word processing and Davinci Resolve Studio only.

For any Blackmagic support team members or other helpful folk, a cop of the DR Studio logs can be found here :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

DR Studio doesn't crash and auto close, it just locks up (screen goes grey, blue rotating circle appears) when doing anything from looking through drives in the media tab, edit tab and even in Color tab. It randomly freeze for what appears to be no apparent reason. It will continue to do this now throught any projects.

Any help to get DR Studio stable again would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Davinci Resolve Studio 17.2.11 Performance Issues (Windo

PostMon May 17, 2021 1:43 am

Which specific GPU?
Which specific GPU driver?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Doh_Not_Again

Re: Davinci Resolve Studio 17.2.11 Performance Issues (Windo

PostTue May 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Hi Peter,

I didn't upload a DX Diag which would probably help you and others. So please find a recent DX Diag link here :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UyT8GG ... sp=sharing

Return to DaVinci Resolve