Question on Looping

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

OPCProduction

Question on Looping

PostMon May 17, 2021 1:33 pm

When we loop audio in Davicinci.

I see how to import it, go to the fairlight tab and do the i an do respectively then
drag to time line. But I want it to loop continuously during b role and not sure how this is done

ty
Team

Jim Simon

Re: Question on Looping

PostMon May 17, 2021 1:48 pm

Are you talking about ADR, or you just want a particular clip to play over and over?

If the latter, you just copy/paste the clip for as long as you want it to play. If the former, I'll defer to others.

OPCProduction

PostMon May 17, 2021 2:06 pm

SO I have so B ROLL Footage and I want to add loop to it as well as the A roll

So I have lets say a 5-10 min clip with A Roll and B Roll in it
and I have downloaded a song about 2-3 mins but want to have it loop, its a melody

I saw that you just do the I and O and then drag to time line and click windows key /
but I guess I'm wondering if I drag it, will it just keep repeating or no, this is where I'm lost

thanks so much!

Jim Simon

PostTue May 18, 2021 3:10 pm

OK, have you completed any training for Resolve yet? The Beginner's Guide at least?

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training

kinvermark

PostTue May 18, 2021 4:03 pm

Just ALT + mouse drag the clip to create a duplicate(s). To go faster(make longer) highlight and alt-drag multiples... 2, 4, 8, 16, ...

Not as quick as something like Vegas Pro, but that looping, while simple, can cause other problems.
Windows 10 PC. Intel i7 x980, 24GB RAM, Nvidia 2070 Super 8GB GPU, SSD & RAID HD array. Dual UHD monitors. Decklink 4k mini. Resolve Studio 16.2

OPCProduction

PostTue May 18, 2021 10:57 pm

Thanks, got it!

Return to DaVinci Resolve