Media Offline for Text

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Darkshadow

Media Offline for Text

PostTue Sep 15, 2020 7:19 pm

So, I reopened my project and for some reason the majority of clips all had their media offline. I managed to fix this pretty simply. But then I found that any text I added in Davinci also had this problem. I don't know how this is possible because text isn't from the media pool. It's something I added from the program. So I don't know how this happened and how to fix it without redoing all the text parts of my video.

Jim Simon

Re: Media Offline for Text

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 pm

A Text clips is offline? That is weird.

A full system reboot still shows this?

sackboydad

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm

I have found that, irritating, issue when using Text+.

I do a weekly project where I "save as" the current week to a new project, then delete the stuff that won't be used in the new project (?). this leaves graphics and other items that are used each week in the timeline.

Many, many times when I open the "saved as" project the next week to start work, I get a bunch of media offline errors on Fusion stuff... usually Text+. Dumb as it sounds, I find if I open the offending item in Fusion then exit back to the timeline it usually fixes it. Occasionally I just have to edit the text part in Fusion (change it then change it back) and that'll fix it too.
Mac #1:
2020 iMac 3.6GHz, 10-Core Intel i9
128GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro 5700XT with 16GB VRAM
4TB Internal SSD
MacOS 11.4

Mac #2:
2020 13" MacBook Pro M1 Chip
16GB Shared RAM with 8-Core GPU
1TB Internal SSD
MacOS 11.4

Zelda21

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 12:19 pm

I have the same issue.
Sometimes all my Text+ Clips are Media Out, then i have to click on each clip seperatly and for example disable & enable transform, and then its back available

(still on 17.1 Davinci Resolve Studio)

happyblomusgaming

PostTue Jun 08, 2021 9:31 pm

Hi! So I walked into the same issue today. Fusion didn't help me and disable/enable neither. So after trying everything else I copied all my Text (and damn it was a lot) and just cut everything and pasted it again. This fixed all my issues in 1 go. Hope it helps the next person! :D

amcinnes2021

PostThu Jun 10, 2021 6:26 am

I am getting the same "Media Offline" for any of the text I create. I have tried all the suggestions so far and have not been successful. This is a serious bug!

beaurosario

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 5:31 pm

@amcinnes2021 have you figured it out any other methods?? I'm stuck too!

Return to DaVinci Resolve