.DRT Import is duplicating media

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DoubleWingedPegasus

.DRT Import is duplicating media

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 11:00 am

Hi, I'm on Resolve Studio 17.2.1 on an iMac Pro.

I transferred a project file from my iMac to my Macbook Pro and edited on it using a portable drive with the source footage on it.

To continue editing on my iMac Pro, I exported a timeline as a .DRT, but when I import it, it duplicates all of the files in a list.

Is there a way to bring in just the information, have the media be offline and re-link it?

The reason I also ask is because I am having media offline issues. There are several clips that show media offline in the timeline, but when I click "Find in Media Pool," nothing happens. That is to say, no media is selected or referenced in the media pool for me to "Relink." Everything is showing as online.

I restarted, did all that stuff.

I also read the manual at length for all of the above and could not find the answer.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor

DoubleWingedPegasus

Re: .DRT Import is duplicating media

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 11:08 am

I fixed the Media Offline issue but Decomposing the Compound Clip that it was in and resolving a Conflict that appeared, so now it will play in the timeline. However, it still cannot be referenced in the Media Pool, and it still shows as having a conflict.

I'm mostly interested in how to export a timeline without also bringing in the media, as it is.

Thanks.

Return to DaVinci Resolve