Resolve is not professional grade software for editing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

matthoefler

Resolve is not professional grade software for editing

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 12:33 am

I've finally concluded it just isn't based on this alone...

I'm working on a 1080 timeline with 1080 footage, basic HD and yet two problems persistently and consistently occur.

1) when attempting to trim a clip; by putting the play head at the start of the clip, the audio from the beginning of the clip DOES NOT start and play in sync with the clip-- the first second of so just doesn't play... in order to hear the clips audio all the way through it is necessary to put the play head back behind the edit just to hear the audio within the first second of the clip: UNEXCEPTIONABLE!

2) With music cues and sound effects in place, they frequently can be hear playing for about a second after playback starts even when they are NOT under the playhead, if a music cue is 15 seconds ahead of the playhead when playback starts that music is play for a second until Resolve figures out it's not there. WTF is that?????????

Problems like this are inexcusable. At least Resolve is free... but why would anyone pay even $300 for sloppy garbage software like this?

I'm sure tons of people on this forum will want to help me trouble shoot these problems... but who cares? No other NLE displays this behavior; why should I HAVE to troubleshoot problems like this that FCP didn't exhibit 20 years ago?

iannicholson

Resolve is NOT professional grade software for editing

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 12:41 am

I disagree. I used Avid Media Composer (considered by many to be the most professional editing platform) for almost 10 years and find DaVinci Resolve - while having a few shortcomings- to be a perfectly viable replacement.

If you are experiencing audio sync issues (which I do not) then the issue probably lies with your hardware and/or drivers.

I’m sure if you asked for help you will get it, but I don’t think accusing Resolve of not being a professional editing platform is the way to go about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLanghausen

Re: Resolve is NOT professional grade software for editing

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 12:56 am

The OP also notes that Resolve is free.
As there are no system specs or content information to go off of, it may be safe to assume he is using the free version and probably on an under powered system. If that is the case, he may also be using media that is not optimized in the free version of Resolve. No telling... however, the OP is set on finding faults with Resolve as can be found with his current history of posts.

No NLE I've used in over 15 years has been perfect and they all have their pros/cons.
Learn them and make them fit into your workflows. At times, one NLE may be better suited for a project than another.
ASUS Prime X299 - Deluxe II
Intel Core i9 7980XE
80 GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA 3090Ti - Studio Driver
Intensity Pro 4k
Window 11 Pro

Resolve Studio 18.1.3 Build 8
Fusion Studio 17.3

Jack Swart

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 12:59 am

I've have been cutting on Resolve Studio for 5 years and getting paid for the results, therefore it's professional.
Almost every time Resolve acts in an unexpected way, it can be traced to substandard hardware or drivers.
Take a look at my 9 year old computer specs. You will need to post your specs to get any useful help.
I cut 4K all day long with no problems and can even use 8K ProRes in a pinch.
DR Studio 18.6.3 b19, OS 13.2.1
2023 Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, 128 GB ram
BM 3G ultra studio, 12TB SSDs in raid 0, 16TB HDD backup, 56TB archive server.
Tangent Elements panel, TV logic XVW-245W

matthoefler

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 1:07 am

Jack Swart wrote:I've have been cutting on Resolve Studio for 5 years and getting paid for the results, therefore it's professional.
Almost every time Resolve acts in an unexpected way, it can be traced to substandard hardware or drivers.
Take a look at my 9 year old computer specs. You will need to post your specs to get any useful help.
I cut 4K all day long with no problems and can even use 8K ProRes in a pinch.

Guess what, I've used the same computer with Premiere and got paid for the results, WITH 4K footage. Today Resolve can't keep audio tightly in sync for the first second or so of playback with miniDV footage, completely and utterly disgraceful... IT'S RESOLVE'S FAULT!

Also how can anyone assume that it's possibility due to my version of Resolve being free? If that IS the case, WHY WOULD I PAY FOR THIS SOFTWARE?

I do hate to admit it, but Premiere is so far superior to Resolve that the day may never come where it surpasses it. Especially when its sycophantic users blindly assume any problems with the software are user error and not the fault of sloppy software design.

Two days ago I was on here complaining that Resolve can't do titles (which it can't). In come half a dozen dumbos claiming that it "must be user error, durrr." In reality, search these forums.... countless people citing the true fact that Resolve cannot make titles that don't either fringe (even on export) or just look pixelated in general.

Marc Wielage

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 1:33 am

matthoefler wrote:I've finally concluded it just isn't based on this alone...I'm working on a 1080 timeline with 1080 footage, basic HD and yet two problems persistently and consistently occur.

Which hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, disk I/O speed)? What specific version of Resolve? What OS? What timeline resolution? What framerate? How does your drive rate with Blackmagic Speed Test? Which GPU drivers are installed? What format are you trying to render to?

1) when attempting to trim a clip; by putting the play head at the start of the clip, the audio from the beginning of the clip DOES NOT start and play in sync with the clip-- the first second of so just doesn't play... in order to hear the clips audio all the way through it is necessary to put the play head back behind the edit just to hear the audio within the first second of the clip: UNEXCEPTIONABLE!

What specific source material are you trying to use? Sometimes these playback issues hinge on a clash between hyper-compressed formats (H.264, H.265, XAVC, etc.), or different kinds of audio codecs (48kHz WAV, 44.1kHz WAV, 44.1kHz MP3, 44.1kHz MP4, etc.), different bit-depths (16-bit vs. 24-bit vs. 32-bit). We try to standardize on 48kHz 24-bit WAVs for all audio just to ease the workflow challenges, and "generally" it all works fine. I admit, we do sometimes encounter issues where Fairlight has jumped into a weird routing output, and it requires some poking around to get it running again.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

John Nolan

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 1:49 am

Do you have a question? If Premiere suits your needs, I'm not sure why you're here.
Resolve 18.6.5 with Speed Editor.
Mac Studio M2 Max, 32 Gb, Mac OS 14.3.1

Jack Fairley

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 1:53 am

Sorry you couldn't figure it out.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

matthoefler

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 2:39 am

Marc Wielage wrote:
matthoefler wrote:I've finally concluded it just isn't based on this alone...I'm working on a 1080 timeline with 1080 footage, basic HD and yet two problems persistently and consistently occur.

Which hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, disk I/O speed)? What specific version of Resolve? What OS? What timeline resolution? What framerate? How does your drive rate with Blackmagic Speed Test? Which GPU drivers are installed? What format are you trying to render to?

What specific source material are you trying to use? Sometimes these playback issues hinge on a clash between hyper-compressed formats (H.264, H.265, XAVC, etc.), or different kinds of audio codecs (48kHz WAV, 44.1kHz WAV, 44.1kHz MP3, 44.1kHz MP4, etc.), different bit-depths (16-bit vs. 24-bit vs. 32-bit). We try to standardize on 48kHz 24-bit WAVs for all audio just to ease the workflow challenges, and "generally" it all works fine. I admit, we do sometimes encounter issues where Fairlight has jumped into a weird routing output, and it requires some poking around to get it running again.

It's miniDV footage put into a 1080 timeline, old style footage captured from a miniDV tape. But what would have have to do with the AUDIO not playing faithfully? This is not something I should have to be troubleshooting, this is a bug that needs to be fixed; along with many others I've encountered with Resolve. There is zero excuse for Resolve to have problems like these. I've never seen problems like this EVER, never seen audio from 5 seconds ahead in the timeline playing, never seen the first second of a clips audio muted. I am using the newest version of Resolve... was there a version of Resolve that malfunctioned to such an extreme degree in the past? Well the newest version does to.

matthoefler

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 2:44 am

John Nolan wrote:Do you have a question? If Premiere suits your needs, I'm not sure why you're here.

I was trying to complete an old project I had laying around with zero stakes, and thus why I'm concluding Resolve is not professional grade when it comes to editing, not by a long shot.

Anything the I'm getting paid to do I wouldn't waste my time with this dumpster fire of false promises; as for the people who do, I really don't know WHAT you're editing -- your home movies? There is WAY too much Resolve has trouble with or flat out can't do. It's only a matter of time before Premiere has color correction capabilities that match Resolve and it will be dead in the water. Premiere has prores exporting on WINDOWS already, and Resolve can't faithfully playback the timeline -- HELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO

les.warden

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 3:48 am

John Nolan wrote:Do you have a question? If Premiere suits your needs, I'm not sure why you're here.
I was thinking this exactly when I read through the thread. Sour grapes?

DR Studio 18.6.4, DR Speed Editor
MacBook M3 Pro Nov 2023, 18 Core GPU, 18GB LPDDR5
macOS Sonoma 14.2.1

Peter Cave

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 5:47 am

les.warden wrote:

I'm surprised that he likes to antagonise other forum users. It's not a great way to get assistance. He also refuses to post detailed system info.

Matt, if you post details about your system you will get a LOT more help.
Resolve 18.6.2 Mac OSX 13.6 Ventura
Mac Studio Max 32GB UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Uli Plank

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 6:08 am

I don't think he's asking for help. Just leave him to Adobe's ransom taking business model.
Maybe AI can help you. Or make you obsolete.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Ellory Yu

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 6:21 am

Peter Cave wrote:
les.warden wrote:

I'm surprised that he likes to antagonise other forum users. It's not a great way to get assistance. He also refuses to post detailed system info.

Matt, if you post details about your system you will get a LOT more help.

Exactly. So unprofessional. But I don't think he wants help. He's just blowing steam because he can't figure things out. I think he should stick with something easier for him and leave Resolve to just the professionals.

Since he also thinks FCP is 20 years ahead of Resolve and is using the free version, he should just use iMovie. It' FCP light and free too. :lol:
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Uli Plank

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 6:28 am

While FCP is actually pretty good, just different, I second your notion about him not being eager to learn and blowing off steam instead. Look at his other stuff and let's stop feeding.

John Griffin

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 7:24 am

Other NLE’s are available.

dirk-pel

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 10:02 am

@Matt Hoefler,

Wieso zeigen Sie uns nicht die mehrmals gefragte Daten Ihre PC, Betriebsystem und Davinci Resolve Version?
Wir sind hier in ein sachliches Forum unterwegs und werden gerne helfen wenn wir mehr erfahren!
Aber wenn Sie nur negatiever Kritik loslassen, bringt das nicht viel!

Dirk PEL
Davinci Resolve 18.6 Studio, Micropanel, Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, 16" Macbook Pro M1 MAX 32 GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Monterey12.4, EIZO CS2420,Philips 27e1n8900 OLED, BM Decklink Mini Monitor 4K on a TH3P4 board for Mac. iPhone 14 Pro

Ole Kristiansen

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 11:09 am

"Resolve is NOT professional grade software for editing"

You are editing mini dv on a 1080 timeline...... you are so professional !

JeffreyWalther

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 11:57 am

matthoefler wrote:I've finally concluded it just isn't based on this alone...

I'm working on a 1080 timeline with 1080 footage, basic HD and yet two problems persistently and consistently occur.

2) With music cues and sound effects in place, they frequently can be hear playing for about a second after playback starts even when they are NOT under the playhead, if a music cue is 15 seconds ahead of the playhead when playback starts that music is play for a second until Resolve figures out it's not there. WTF is that?????????

Problems like this are inexcusable. At least Resolve is free... but why would anyone pay even $300 for sloppy garbage software like this?

I'm sure tons of people on this forum will want to help me trouble shoot these problems... but who cares? No other NLE displays this behavior; why should I HAVE to troubleshoot problems like this that FCP didn't exhibit 20 years ago?

Apart from the fact that you unfortunately do not tell us what hardware and software you are using to even determine if that is where the problem is, I have to say this:

Whereas I used Adobe Premiere in the past (usage period approx. 10 years) and spent about 3 weeks on a production (editing, color correction and effects), I can do the same work on a qualitatively higher level and in only three days in Resolve.

Resolve is much more efficient than Premiere, especially when it comes to editing.
DaVinci Resolve Studio V18
Fusion V18
Windows 10 Pro, 64 GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (12x 3.8 GHz), MSI X570 Unify
GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB, NVIDIA driver version 471.41 (Studio)

Jeffrey Chance

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 1:53 pm

Why are people entertaining this post? It's silly and has an authoritative tone on something that's clearly not true.

I know many of us have used Resolve as a professional NLE; and many of us make salaries off of it. Who cares what a random poster thinks?

Ale_Zakko

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 2:40 pm

Jeffrey Chance wrote:
I know many of us have used Resolve as a professional NLE; and many of us make salaries off of it. Who cares what a random poster thinks?

THIS...

John Paines

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 2:52 pm

Because of the unusual history of the Resolve NLE -- very rapid development, along with just as rapid development of parallel applications -- there *are* gaps. I think it's fair to say there are basic elements of the NLE which could do with attention. FCP 1.0 could manage things that Resolve still can't, even if Resolve can do a barrel of things FCP never dreamed of.

There will always be industry resistance to displacing long-proven workflows (like Avid) but it may also come down to commitment -- whether BMD really wants this market or not. And you can't satisfy everyone. I wish all the work and ingenuity which went into the Cut page had gone into Edit instead. But others....

Rick van den Berg

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 3:00 pm

I kinda get OP. There are a lot of really silly, or even "dangerous" issues with resolve on every system i used, which i never experienced with any other NLE. You can see that resolve, from it's very core (the color grading part/timeline/media) the software is rock solid. But a lot of the added features since the acquisition still only have alot of "potential" imo. Doesn't mean that i don't like to use them, but i do get frustrated from time to time over issues that shouldn't be there.

rNeil H

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 3:51 pm

As someone based in PrPro and "somewhat" capable in Resolve, I can understand some of the OP's issues. And frustrations.

That said, the attitude is unfortunate.

But they are very, very different apps.

Resolve has very little flexibility as far as UI and some workflow options. But it has far more flexibility for setting color gamut and space for both timeline and viewing. It is also more predictable on some systems.

PrPro has a tremendously flexible UI and workflows. They're adding some gamut/space options but it will be awhile before it can match Resolve for both timeline *and viewing* gamut/space options.

PrPro just added a quite good transcription service into the app. Not perfect but ... wow, is that a huge help! They're really moving captions and subtitles ahead. And it has more editing options still.

I'm comfortable saying I'm rather cognizant of Lumetri capabilities compared to the average bear. Including how to use a track matte stack to in some ways do things that are easy in Resolve but not thought possible by many in Lumetri.

And between Lumetri and Magic Bullet Colorista you can do a lot in PrPro for color.

And PrPro allows a user to use the mapping capabilities of ANY control surface while Resolve locks everything down. Which is incredibly frustrating if you're working a full Elements panel in Resolve.

BUT ... if you don't need all of the editing capabilities of PrPro, Resolve can certainly "do".

And for color management and capabilities, well ... Resolve still way out-capabilities PrPro.

Different tools. Pick which fits your mental approach and output needs. And get the work out to the nice clients paying your bills.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mark Foster

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 4:13 pm

this looks as your miniDV are recorded in 32khz 12bit
for resolve, as a real professional software, a minimum as 48khz and 16bit is necessary!

premiere, always a prosumer software can work with this audio specs,
also the first FCP, it was lauched in this century of consumer audio.

but as mentioned above, no one here forces you to use resolve +g*
cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

mpetech

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 4:49 pm

Maybe it is me, but it seems you guys are being trolled.

rNeil H

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 5:53 pm

Saying PrPro is a prosumer app is as ridiculous as saying Resolve isn't professional. Both capable of and heavily used daily in high end production of all kinds.

Both require experienced users for most tasks, to do work quickly and well. And can be terrible experiences for noobs in each app.

And they are as different from each other as they are from Avid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chris_Clawson

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 6:54 pm

I have been using Resolve and reading this forum, since beginning the long wait for my Speed Editor and the license key, late last year. I have found the Beta version of Resolve 17 to be buggy, yet appreciate how fast such a complex package has progressed. I like that BMD support keeps an eye on these threads.

I have also frequently seen angry comments, borderline language and demands for support being made, when no meaningful information was even offered to consider the problem. I also have essentially never seen any of the regulars on this forum 'take the bait' and devolve a thread into a screaming match. I might presume that this is because this software is indeed used by true professionals, both in technical ability as well as in their social skills. I would like to mention this respect I have for these members of the community and include them as a good reason why I think I have found a winner in choosing this software to develop my editing skills. BTW, BlackMagic Design, I am also looking carefully at your other hardware products and looking for ways to justify some of those investments.

Cuervo

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 7:06 pm

Some ppl just love to drop in and think they want to drop a bomb. Like a drive by. Usually, they just don't know what they're talkin' about. Rather than ask for help, they just feel the need to insult.

I edited on Avid until they just fell so far behind on capabilities that I just had to leave. I, also, edited in Premiere. That was a total disaster of hung application and freezes. Adobe like to think they're hot, when, in fact, i can't abide them. Oh well.

Thanx to BMD for making Resolve a current and capable editing, coloring, and compositing tool. It works if you know what you're doing.

RCModelReviews

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 8:46 pm

LOL... someone has too much time on their hands and wanted to rev-up the Resolve forum I guess.

I would recommend to the OP that he goes back to using Microsoft Movie-maker. That's what I used to edit my Mini-DV footage for quite a few years and it was good enough to help grow my YouTube channels to a combined total of over 400K subscribers and 120 million views.

Now however, I film in 4K and edit with Resolve Studio on hardware that seems up to the task. It's all about choosing the right tools for the job and learning to use them properly. I am not the least bit concerned that Resolve has no support for MPEG2, and a raft of other "last century" formats.
Resolve 18.1 Studio, Fusion 9 Studio
CPU: i7 8700, OS: Windows 10 32GB RAM, GPU: RTX3060
I'm refugee from Sony Vegas slicing video for my YouTube channels.

les.warden

PostSat Jul 31, 2021 11:22 pm

mpetech wrote:Maybe it is me, but it seems you guys are being trolled.
Agreed, I’m out!

DR Studio 18.6.4, DR Speed Editor
MacBook M3 Pro Nov 2023, 18 Core GPU, 18GB LPDDR5
macOS Sonoma 14.2.1

JonPais

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 12:01 am

mpetech wrote:Maybe it is me, but it seems you guys are being trolled.
+1
https://daejeonchronicles.com

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 1:09 am

For the OP:
can you check in the media page at which speed exactly the clip that lose the audio is flagged at:
Can you tell us exactly at which fps your timeline is setup at?
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Leslie Wand

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 1:47 am

couldn't agree more with the op. all of this new fangled nle technology is no substitute for a couple of vtr's, edit controller, vision mixer, and sound board...

nle's are simply overblown calculators that don't know one end of a low band cassette from a 1" tape.

bah, humbug.
www.lesliewand.com.au
amd5 5800x / 32gb ram / rtx 3050 8gb / win 10 pro
sony ex3, sony a6400

matthoefler

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 6:15 am

RCModelReviews wrote:LOL... someone has too much time on their hands and wanted to rev-up the Resolve forum I guess.

I would recommend to the OP that he goes back to using Microsoft Movie-maker. That's what I used to edit my Mini-DV footage for quite a few years and it was good enough to help grow my YouTube channels to a combined total of over 400K subscribers and 120 million views.

Now however, I film in 4K and edit with Resolve Studio on hardware that seems up to the task. It's all about choosing the right tools for the job and learning to use them properly. I am not the least bit concerned that Resolve has no support for MPEG2, and a raft of other "last century" formats.

Hey stupid, guess what... a year ago I was editing 4K in Premiere on the same computer I am now... IT WORKED! Resolve can't even pass the test of editing miniDV footage... which BTW I had to trans-code numerous times trying several options just to get it to BEGIN to work in Resolve.

As I said in my first post... THERE IS NO EXCUSE, and yet the flock of sycophants are here making excuses, if you can even call them that -- it all boils down to the same thing, YOU TYPES blaming ME for RESOLVE not preforming on a professional level... That's it!

matthoefler

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 6:18 am

Mark Foster wrote:this looks as your miniDV are recorded in 32khz 12bit
for resolve, as a real professional software, a minimum as 48khz and 16bit is necessary!

premiere, always a prosumer software can work with this audio specs,
also the first FCP, it was lauched in this century of consumer audio.

but as mentioned above, no one here forces you to use resolve +g*

All footage is transcoded into Apple Prores 422, 48K 16 bit audio dip S***, Resolve just SUCKS. Read my original post... learn it, LIVE IT!

Videoneth

• Warnings: 1

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 7:13 am

matthoefler wrote:Hey stupid, guess what... a year ago I was editing 4K in Premiere on the same computer I am now... IT WORKED! Resolve can't even pass the test of editing miniDV footage... which BTW I had to trans-code numerous times trying several options just to get it to BEGIN to work in Resolve.

As I said in my first post... THERE IS NO EXCUSE, and yet the flock of sycophants are here making excuses, if you can even call them that -- it all boils down to the same thing, YOU TYPES blaming ME for RESOLVE not preforming on a professional level... That's it!

Calm down

"You types"... dude, I see people responding to your pure hate and insults! But I'm curious, did you tried to edit a very "private" miniDV footage? You sent a sample to Blackmagic by mistake for some troubleshooting, and they laughed at you and that's why you're mad at the world now?

"hey something doesn't seem to work"
"What's the problem?"
"I can't tell you but it sucks and it should be fixed"
"But what's the problem can you describe it?"
"RESOLVE SUCKS THERE IS NO EXCUSE"

You are going overboard here!
Windows 10
nVidia 3090 - 537.42

Sean Nelson

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 7:15 am

matthoefler wrote:Hey stupid, guess what... a year ago I was editing 4K in Premiere on the same computer I am now... IT WORKED!

Then why aren't you still using Premiere?
DR Studio 18.6.4 Build 6, Win10Pro x64 22H2/19045.3570
Asus C246 Pro Motherboard, Xeon E-2278G@3.4GHz, 64GB ECC RAM
GeForce 3060 12GB, "Studio" driver 512.15
OS,Library: 1TB NVMe SSD - Project,Cache: 1TB NVMe SSD

iannicholson

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 7:18 am

Guys, he doesn’t want our help, but just wants to rant and carry on.

Just block him. I have.

Uli Plank

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 8:36 am

Leslie Wand wrote:couldn't agree more with the op. all of this new fangled nle technology is no substitute for a couple of vtr's, edit controller, vision mixer, and sound board...

nle's are simply overblown calculators that don't know one end of a low band cassette from a 1" tape.

bah, humbug.

I just spilled my coffee, Leslie!

Regarding the OP: Another one on my ignore list. I hope I made it onto his.

Andreas Schwarz

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 9:13 am

ARRI Alexa is NOT professional camera for filmmaking

warlockuk

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 10:30 am

I've gotta say, the audio is the part that's disappointed me most. I paid for Resolve Studio but all audio recording has to be done outside of Resolve.
If I record via the mic jack on an M1 MBP I get garbage.
If I record via a Focusrite Scarlett on a PC, I get high latency garbage with dropout

There's no ASIO support, so it feels like the audio has the barest of minimum support - presumably because BlackMagic have their own audio interfaces so there's no reason for them to give a damn about support/ASIO.

Recording with Resolve has been unusable for the entirety of Version 17.
CPU: i9 9900K / M1 Macbook Pro
Memory: 32 GB DDR4 / 16Gb
GFX: RTX3070 / Onboard M1 GPU
Audio: Audient iD14 / Onboard/USB audio (on Mac)
Davinci Resolve Studio 18.0.0

Uli Plank

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 10:30 am

Of course not! Second-hand it can be cheaper than the UMP 12K now ;-)

Mark Foster

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 11:23 am

matthoefler wrote:All footage is transcoded into Apple Prores 422, 48K 16 bit audio dip S***, Resolve just SUCKS. Read my original post... learn it, LIVE IT!

where does it say that in your entry?

see here clearly error 64 +g*

and out
cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

Ellory Yu

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 7:47 pm

:D
iannicholson wrote:
Just block him. I have.

Done. Also seem like he’s already been reported to the moderator. I’m out of here and his other rant and trolling topics.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Andrew Kolakowski

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 9:15 pm

Send your project to BM, together with problematic clip sample etc. as it's described by BM.
Your problems are related to your single case (do you think 1000s of people would use Resolve with such a bug?) which is caused by your source (file which Resolve may have issue with) or with your hardware.
Thread should be locked or deleted as it's just SPAM.

Return to DaVinci Resolve