Media offline for fusion clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Cutdit0110

Media offline for fusion clips

PostSun Sep 20, 2020 5:52 am

So I've been having this problem since I got Davinci. Everything is fine until I make a fusion clip. After I'm done with fusion, I go back to edit to see a preview and suddenly a red line appears above the fusion clip. When I play the finished fusion clip, the parts that I watch become "media offline" afterwards. I've tried relinking clips but I get the same error. This happens specifically for fusion clips. There is another weird error where when I open or start a new project I get a write permissions cache path error. Is there a way to fix one, or both of these errors?

Jim Simon

Re: Media offline for fusion clips

PostSun Sep 20, 2020 2:31 pm

The latter may be causing the former.

You're using an internal drive for Cache? It's listed first in Preferences>System>Media Storage?

311Gryphon

PostMon May 24, 2021 2:43 am

This is happening to me frequently just on Fusion Compositions. All of my media is linked correctly and playable. I can create a new Fusion Composition and it looks fine, or even copy existing ones. But if I make edits to them they will show correctly until they are done rendering and then they will suddenly show as "Media Offline". Parts of them may play correctly but other parts will not. I'm going to ignore it for now because I've read that often the clips will export fine, but it's frustrating. Especially with how much work goes into some of these clips.

311Gryphon

PostMon May 24, 2021 8:52 pm

Okay so this is really starting to burn me up. Sometimes the clips seem fine but when I view them or try to export them DVR has arbitrarily changed some of the length for the "Global In/Out" setting of my media. When I go in and adjust them to the full length of the fusion clip, as I had them set before (and it was working then), the Fusion Clip goes to "Media Offline".

There are a lot of errors in the console such as "MediaIn2 cannot get frame for time 1411" and "MediaOut1 cannon get Parameter for Input at time 1411".

Also, the "MediaIn1" and some other nodes are red, as well as the "MediaOut" nodes. I know many others report to having missing media but that's not the case. I've imported this media and triple checked to make sure it's still linked in my Media Pool and it is there. Plus these clips WERE working but then DVR decided not to. So I guess I need to have some help in figuring out what the errors above mean and how to fix them, and how to keep DVR from popping them in again. It's pretty frustrating because I've wasted 12 hours in the past 2 days and it appears I'll have to redo much of that work. I may be doing something wrong but if so, it's something DVR allows me to do.

311Gryphon

PostWed Jun 09, 2021 1:40 am

I see there are still no real answers to this issue. This is still being a problem. I'm hoping someone can provide a solution.

New example...I create a new fusion clip and import my nodes from a settings file, make a few adjustments, go back to the Edit page, the clip renders fine. I save the project. I create a new fusion clip and import the same nodes, make more changes, jump back to the Edit page. The thing renders and as soon as it finishes HALF the fusion clip is offline. The first half is fine, the second half is not. I have the marker in the second half while it is rendering and the video looks perfect until it gets fully rendered. I'm assuming this one has something to do with keyframes but who knows. It's a mess. The media is all there and fine so I can't think of any other reason for this to be offline.

And more unfortunately, any time I search the webs for solutions I get generic "how to link your media" tutorials that are all videos longer than they need to be, and forum posts here that don't have any real solutions.

Jim Simon

PostWed Jun 09, 2021 3:40 pm

You're using an internal drive for Cache, Max? It's listed first in Preferences>System>Media Storage?

Scotty Why

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 2:58 am

I have this happen to me all the time. I have been trying to figure it out for months. Every time I think I have it sorted, it happens again. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Here is the latest edition: I created some title templates, then dragged them from the timeline to a power bin, when I try to use them in another project, they are offline. They playback fine in one project but not the other. If I hadn't already had 500 instances of Fusion clips going offline for no reason, I'd think it had something to do with the power bin... but as I said, this has happened to me a bunch of times within the same project so I'm at the point of giving up.

I can't keep wasting hours and hours of my life building graphics just to have them suddenly go offline for no reason. If someone from Davinci doesn't start offering some solutions, I just have to go back to Adobe.

Return to DaVinci Resolve