Editable Splines for Curves Jumping Around

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

silvermandj

Editable Splines for Curves Jumping Around

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 2:58 pm

I'm having a huge issue with editable splines for my grading curves. In my typical workflow, when I'm using curves for grading, I do the following: I click on a point on the top or bottom of the initial linear curve, in order to activate an editable spline. Then I grab onto the spline in order to pull it up or down for the highlights or shadows of the curve. Usually the spline will let me manipulate the curve in a very smooth manner. For some reason, when I started up resolve this morning, the spline is not able to be manipulated. Instead of a smooth movement, it only jumps higher or lower. Is there anything I can do to change this? Maybe an option I don't know about? I don't see anything about this in the manual. I tried holding down different keys while grabbing onto the spline point with my cursor but nothing seems to be giving me control of the spline. I've added a screengrab to illustrate how radical the jump is when I try to control the spline.

Help! I've got several edits to grade today and this is really holding me back!

Thank you everyone!!
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (22.69 KiB) Viewed 307 times
Asus ROG Strix X570-E
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5GHz Sixteen Core 105W
PNY GeForce RTX 2080 TI 11GB V2 Blower Fan
2x Samsung DDR4-2666 32GB
Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Resolve Studio 17.2 Build 11

silvermandj

Re: Editable Splines for Curves Jumping Around

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 3:07 pm

I restarted my software a few times and that didn't fix it. Then I restarted my PC and NOW it's working. I'm relieved but also very nervous that this could happen again. Has anyone else had this issue?
Asus ROG Strix X570-E
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5GHz Sixteen Core 105W
PNY GeForce RTX 2080 TI 11GB V2 Blower Fan
2x Samsung DDR4-2666 32GB
Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Resolve Studio 17.2 Build 11

Return to DaVinci Resolve