Color space aware HDR Tool - setup needed in RCM?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Lindkold

Color space aware HDR Tool - setup needed in RCM?

PostMon Sep 20, 2021 11:57 am

If I'm grading a project that is Color Managed (fx. DaVinci YRGB Color Managed/Davinci Wide Gamut), and I want to make sure that the HDR Tool - which is colorspace aware - is set to the right colorspace, do I then still need to right-click the HDR palet and select the correct "Color Space" and "Gamma"? See screenshot.

Or is that always automatically set correctly when I'm in a Color managed project?
Attachments
HDR.png
HDR.png (943.42 KiB) Viewed 658 times

JonPais

Re: Color space aware HDR Tool - setup needed in RCM?

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 11:57 am

Lindkold wrote:If I'm grading a project that is Color Managed (fx. DaVinci YRGB Color Managed/Davinci Wide Gamut), and I want to make sure that the HDR Tool - which is colorspace aware - is set to the right colorspace, do I then still need to right-click the HDR palet and select the correct "Color Space" and "Gamma"? See screenshot.

Or is that always automatically set correctly when I'm in a Color managed project?
HDR tools are color space aware by default. No need to right click and select anything.
https://daejeonchronicles.com

Lindkold

Re: Color space aware HDR Tool - setup needed in RCM?

PostSat Oct 02, 2021 5:28 pm

Thanks for confirming that.

foadgman

Re: Color space aware HDR Tool - setup needed in RCM? -

PostSat Oct 02, 2021 10:47 pm

I think there is a underling question here: Why is there a possibility to select the color space in the HDR tools at all, when you can select it from the color settings in the project or, if you would like to use something else, right click the node and set it there.

Return to DaVinci Resolve