Speed editor remapping?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Joshpetok

Speed editor remapping?

PostThu Nov 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Will it be possible to remap the buttons on the Speed Editor like the keyboard?

multifoto

Re: Speed editor remapping?

PostSun Dec 06, 2020 8:57 am

Any news on this? Also looking for the same functionality. I really like editing using the speed editor, however more than half of the pre-mapped buttons are useless for me and would like to add some custom commands and shortcuts.

Jim Simon

PostMon Dec 07, 2020 4:25 pm

One option you guys might try is asking in the Comments section of YouTube videos that have done a review of the Speed Editor. That way you know you're talking to someone who actually has the device.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Dec 09, 2020 7:27 am

No plans to do this, but id happily read feedback on features you would like
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Tomek Sadowski

PostFri Dec 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Especially multicam keys... Do they have any use with source only from one cam?
Resolve Studio 17.2.2 | Speed Editor 1.4 | Win10Pro 20H2 | i9-9900KS | GTX1070 (462.59) | 32GB RAM

austin

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 6:47 pm

The speed editor would earn a permanent place on my desk if I could remap the keys - even if i could use the middle section as a num pad with play/pause as a 0.

I understand not wanting to extend the functionality to other editors - I just work with an 80%, 10 keyless keyboard. and I have to do invoices and whatnot occasionally :)

VioletWolf

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 9:13 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:No plans to do this, but id happily read feedback on features you would like

I would very much like to see the CAM keys have dual function as Up/Down/Left/Right arrow keys for navigation and selection. :)
Resolve 17.1.1 | Windows 10 x64 (Latest Updates) | AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
| 32GB RAM |MSI NVIDIA RTX 2070 8 Gig - Driver 457.51 | Refugee from Adobe Premiere / After Effects

boxofrabbits

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 1:08 pm

Reviving this thread to also chime in on this.
Use the speed editor extensively on set and enjoy the functionality but don't use half the buttons.
Multicam buttons are useless for my use so would love to reassign them to be able to switch between Cut, Edit and Media.
Also would absolutely love to be able to assign a a button to replace clip as that would essentially remove the need for me to use keyboard or mouse at all.

liushunet

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 2:33 am

+1

Chris_Clawson

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 2:12 pm

I strongly endorse this idea!

Why would a user definable key feature be so difficult/expensive an effort for Blackmagic Design to implement?

These 12 center keys are completely useless for my use. Would anybody with 9 live cameras be likely using the speed editor, or would they be able to afford a higher end product?

The Speed editor is nice hardware, but the value in it's use would serve a wider range of customers better if there was some user configuration available.

Zack_W

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 4:18 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:No plans to do this, but id happily read feedback on features you would like

Since I work primarily on the Edit page, I'd dearly like the ability to remap at least some of the Speed Editor buttons. My #1 request would be for some way to switch between "select mode" and "trim edit mode" (as far as I know this is not currently possible using the Speed Editor, I'd love it if someone could show me I'm wrong). I'm constantly switching between these two modes, and the fact that this currently requires my hands to leave the Speed Editor and move to the keyboard makes it impossible for me to rely on the Speed Editor for basic cutting.

Second, less urgent, request: a way to change standard transition duration using Speed Editor on the edit page (this can currently be done only on the cut page). I do this fairly often, and it requires multiple mouse clicks to navigate through Resolve preferences. Also, a way to switch transitions between "start on edit," "center on edit," and "end on edit." Brownie points if there's a way to change sound transitions from "+3db" to "0db" to "-3db."

Third, a Speed Editor equivalent of the keyboard up/down arrow keys for jumping to the previous/next edit.

Dermot Shane

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 7:56 pm

in the color page allow the cam buttons to save/recall mem's Baselight style (long hold = save / short press = recall)
would make for usefull addition for anyone who has Mini or Micro

all functions of the speed editor under the color page are easly enough covered off with a contour shuttle + streamdeck, or MF, or Artist Transport, but speed editor is less costly, and more elegant - if the functionality would match the alternitives

Return to DaVinci Resolve