Color space aware HDR Tool - setup needed in RCM?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Lindkold

Color space aware HDR Tool - setup needed in RCM?

PostMon Sep 20, 2021 11:57 am

If I'm grading a project that is Color Managed (fx. DaVinci YRGB Color Managed/Davinci Wide Gamut), and I want to make sure that the HDR Tool - which is colorspace aware - is set to the right colorspace, do I then still need to right-click the HDR palet and select the correct "Color Space" and "Gamma"? See screenshot.

Or is that always automatically set correctly when I'm in a Color managed project?
Attachments
HDR.png
HDR.png (943.42 KiB) Viewed 432 times

JonPais

• Warnings: 1

Re: Color space aware HDR Tool - setup needed in RCM?

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 11:57 am

Lindkold wrote:If I'm grading a project that is Color Managed (fx. DaVinci YRGB Color Managed/Davinci Wide Gamut), and I want to make sure that the HDR Tool - which is colorspace aware - is set to the right colorspace, do I then still need to right-click the HDR palet and select the correct "Color Space" and "Gamma"? See screenshot.

Or is that always automatically set correctly when I'm in a Color managed project?
HDR tools are color space aware by default. No need to right click and select anything.
https://daejeonchronicles.com

Lindkold

Re: Color space aware HDR Tool - setup needed in RCM?

PostSat Oct 02, 2021 5:28 pm

Thanks for confirming that.

Return to DaVinci Resolve