Please Help! Ursa clips in 17.3 DR version ruined!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

PluckyFilms

Please Help! Ursa clips in 17.3 DR version ruined!

PostThu Sep 16, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi all, please help me sort this out as I'm trying to deliver a project and made the horrific mistake of updating Resolve mid project! It's been fine before, but not this time.

I am editing a project consisting of Ursa Mini Pro G2 and Pocket 6k footage. The 6k footage was unaffected when I opened the new version of DR but the Ursa footage, which looked great before, was suddenly much less saturated and the contrast was gone.

So I just spent all day fixing these clips, adding back in the contrast and saturation etc and getting everything to match up again. It all looks great now across all tabs, edit, colour, deliver etc. Only, when I export the finished video, only as it it in the process of doing it I notice that the Ursa clips are massively overly contrasty and saturated, as if all the work i did fixing them was applied to the way they were before I updated resolve! Again, when it's not actually exporting the clips look great, but when I export they revert back to the old colour information but with all my new alterations crushing the life out of them!

Has anyone else had this or know what I can do. It's giving me a bit of an aneurysm as it's a hell of a lot of work out the window.

Much thanks in advance. I hope there's some smarter than I person out there who can help.

Toby

DerPaule13

Re: Please Help! Ursa clips in 17.3 DR version ruined!

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 12:07 pm

Damn, this sounds not good.

If you haven't tried those yet, I'm thinking of 2 solutions:

1. Do you have a project/timeline version saved before upgrading? (Check your backups folder also)
Or can you quickly disable your "fixing nodes" in the color page?
Then you could try deleting DR 17.3 and installing whatever version you had installed before.
Then load the project/timeline and it should be fine again. Or you disable/delete your "fixing nodes".

2. If you actually can quickly disable your "fixing nodes" in the color page you could do that and export in DR 17.3. It will probably look wrong in DR but the exported file should be fine (again).
DR 17.3 B14 | Win10 Pro 64 bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | 64 GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080 TI (11 GB) (SD 471.11) | NAS 1621+ w/ SSDs | NAS 1819+ w/ HDDs (DR PostgreSQL DB) | Network & Internet via 10GbE LAN | Avira Anitvirus

PluckyFilms

PostMon Sep 27, 2021 10:17 am

Hey dude,

Tanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, as I didn't foresee this being a problem I didn't use "fixing nodes", and instead just pretty much regraded them. So there's no way of simply undoing has has been done. And I'm loathed to uninstall and reinstall in case I lose everything else!

The problem is also that, if I can't see what it's going to look like until I export it, it's virtually impossible to grade with any precision of creativity if I'm guessing.

I'm going to ring customer support and see if they have any ideas.

Anyway, thank again.

DerPaule13

PostTue Sep 28, 2021 10:38 am

I understand. One more idea:
Export the project and open it on an other computer with the previous DR version installed.
This way you don't have to fear losing everything again.

Good luck! :idea:
DR 17.3 B14 | Win10 Pro 64 bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | 64 GB RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080 TI (11 GB) (SD 471.11) | NAS 1621+ w/ SSDs | NAS 1819+ w/ HDDs (DR PostgreSQL DB) | Network & Internet via 10GbE LAN | Avira Anitvirus

Return to DaVinci Resolve