How to set up DR on mac with M1?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

duonmarunak

How to set up DR on mac with M1?

PostWed Oct 20, 2021 7:24 am

Ever since I have an M1 MacBook I've been confused about the colors in the DR. This is my fourth MacBook on which I'm using Davinci Resolve but for the first time it's M1 (before there was Intel chips) and for the first time I'm having color issues.

When I work on it in the default settings (as I installed it - Studio Version), everything was fine, but during the export the colors were desaturated, the contrast faded and the shade was a bit off.

Then I set DR general settings "for Mac users" and color space to Rec709-A for apple users. Now the export is similar (not the the same) as i see it while editing in DR.

What irritates me is that all the thumbnails in the "mini-windows" of the clips look different (they are more contrasting and saturated than what I see in the big edit window). Even if I insert reference stills, they are different in the original video.

Am I setting something wrong, or DR on M1 just works like this? Im little bit sad, because i invester money into new mac (wich works great with DR) but colors are mess and i feel like colorblind now.

Thank you for help.

Return to DaVinci Resolve