Source Tape Audio

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Steven Sclafani

Source Tape Audio

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 10:50 am

On the CUT page, is there a way to adjust the volume when using Source Tape?

When using the Timeline or Source Clip tabs the volume is loud, but when I playback using Source Tape it gets extremely quiet.

I've tried different clips, all with good audio, but once I watch them in the Source Tape view, the sound gets very low.

Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated.
"Don't think it's not impossible"

Charles Bennett

Re: Source Tape Audio

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 2:32 pm

I've tried to reproduce this but cannot. All my volumes across the Source, Timeline, and Source Tape are identical. You do have a volume control for the Timeline. Pic shows it set at unity.

Another thought, if you select a clip in the Media Pool and open the Inspector, is the Volume control under the Audio tab set to 0.00? The same applies if you select the clip in the Timeline.
Attachments
Cut Page Volume.jpg
Cut Page Volume.jpg (349.2 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Resolve Studio 19.0b build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Steven Sclafani

Re: Source Tape Audio

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 10:29 pm

Thanks so much for taking the time to look into this volume issue I'm having Charles.

The strange thing is the audio in the Timeline is fine and the Source Clip playback works as expected. For some reason in Source Tape playback my volume drops across all files. As soon as I drop anything in the Timeline it's loud again.

The upside is I created a new project and loaded different files and now all my volumes across Source, Timeline and Source Tape are identical.

However, if I go back to that original project Source Tape drops again. I just wondered if there was a dedicated Source Tape volume that I'm missing.
"Don't think it's not impossible"

Return to DaVinci Resolve