Editing Multiple Timelines, Please help

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

henrisch2007

Editing Multiple Timelines, Please help

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 8:40 am

Hello,

a while ago I switched from Avid and Premiere mainly to DaVinci Resolve and for the most part I am super happy.

One thing slows down my workflow drastically -> I sifted through my clips and cut them into a "Best Of" timeline via the Cut Page.
Now I want to edit my film in Edit Mode and access my collected "Best Of" timeline, but when I drag the timeline into my Source Monitor, I can no longer see any clips or markers.
What is your workflow like? I also tried the stacked timeline mode, but I can't use it to quickly cut into the final timeline via In+Out-Append.

Thanks for any help.

ReneRotterdam

Re: Editing Multiple Timelines, Please help

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 10:07 am

What I understand is that you want to make a rough cut using the selects you put on a timeline.
You can't do that in the same way you were used in Avid. Though you can trim and easily rearrange clips in the cut page. So you might give that a try and then finish your edit in the other pages.

Don't forget to duplicate your timeline before cutting to the next level

Not what you wished for, but I hope it helps.
Rene A. Hazekamp

HP Z840 // 2x E2680v4 // RTX 4070 // Studio 18.5.1
Macbook air M1

henrisch2007

Re: Editing Multiple Timelines, Please help

PostTue Oct 26, 2021 10:31 am

Alright, I think I will have to get used to another workflow than in Avid.
The trimming in the cut page works just fine and super fast up to the point, where I want to make a cut using my "Best Of" timeline.

So your workflow would be, to duplicate the timeline which contains my favourite shots and work within that timeline itself?

Return to DaVinci Resolve