Avid ScriptSync

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

teak421

Avid ScriptSync

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 4:38 am

I was watching an MZed video on Editing and the presenter spoke about a feature that Avid has called, ScriptSync. (see here for details: https://www.avid.com/products/media-com ... ync-option). Wow, does that look cool... Has anyone actually used this feature in Avid (any good?) and I wonder if the folks here at Blackmagic could make a similar feature?

Igor Riđanović

Re: Avid ScriptSync

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 6:43 pm

You can use Simon Says Transcription for searching shots by dialogue. It's a different tool from ScriptSync, but there are some overlaps.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

mpetech

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 7:40 pm

teak421 wrote:I was watching an MZed video on Editing and the presenter spoke about a feature that Avid has called, ScriptSync. (see here for details: https://www.avid.com/products/media-com ... ync-option). Wow, does that look cool... Has anyone actually used this feature in Avid (any good?) and I wonder if the folks here at Blackmagic could make a similar feature?

ScriptSync and PhraseFind underlying technology are from a 3rd party. Excellent and extremely accurate. Many long-form shows have their workflow based around these 2 plugins.

teak421

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 10:34 pm

Thanks to you both for your information... I'll read up on the plug-ins suggested.

Return to DaVinci Resolve