Editing in interlace project

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Anders W

Editing in interlace project

PostTue Dec 07, 2021 6:36 pm

In Resolve 17 a 25 fps interlace projects are now set as 50 subfields project in the setting. The problem is that it handels the timeline as 50 fps rather than a 25 fps. So you risk setting the in-point for a clip in the second subfield :( How can this be avoided?

Uli Plank

Re: Editing in interlace project

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 4:10 am

That's the dilemma with their approach: you can't avoid it. I think BM has some work to do here.
The only alternative is 'lying' to the program by treating the footage as progressive. But then you should not use any effect or function which may change the position of pixels…
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Anders W

Re: Editing in interlace project

PostWed Dec 08, 2021 7:39 am

Since many broadcasters are shooting all studio shows in 50i and requires interlace delivery this is not any minor issue in my opinion. There should be a setting to avoid this.

Return to DaVinci Resolve