Cursor Jumps to Upper Right When Clicking Text Entry Box

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

cbtoolkit

Cursor Jumps to Upper Right When Clicking Text Entry Box

PostWed Dec 29, 2021 9:10 pm

If this is a double-post, I apologize. I tried uploading a short video file and the edit screen refreshed to a new entry screen. I've include a link to an unlisted video demonstrating the problem.

VIDEO

DaVinci Resolve 17.4.3
Windows 10 Professional

When I click on a textbox in the inspector - for instance, something like Zoom, Position, Size, Tracking, Line-spacing, etc. - also text boxes in the color corrector - the mouse cursor jumps to the upper right corner of my screen.

I thought Resolve was crashing because when I double-clicked to enter edit mode on a text box the program would shut down. Turns out: Click #1 moves cursor to upper right corner. Click #2 closed program.

When I reduce the program in window (Restore down), the cursor jumps to the upper right - effectively the close window of any program behind resolve (if one exist). The above provided video shows the behavior.

This only occurs when I have Resolve on my 2nd monitor. It does not happen when I have resolve on my laptop's main screen.

Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew Moran

Sean Nelson

Re: Cursor Jumps to Upper Right When Clicking Text Entry Box

PostThu Dec 30, 2021 12:10 am

Yes, very weird behaviour. I'm not seeing that on my system (specs in my signature).

It might help diagnose things if you could share what kind of graphics card you're running and which version of drivers you're using. The normal recommendation for Resolve is to use the latest "studio" drivers for your card.
DR Studio 18.6.4 Build 6, Win10Pro x64 22H2/19045.3570
Asus C246 Pro Motherboard, Xeon E-2278G@3.4GHz, 64GB ECC RAM
GeForce 3060 12GB, "Studio" driver 512.15
OS,Library: 1TB NVMe SSD - Project,Cache: 1TB NVMe SSD

cbtoolkit

PostFri Dec 31, 2021 3:39 pm

I'm doing some trouble shooting today and tomorrow. I'll check drives - though I believe I am on the latest. I'll check back in when I know more.
Matthew Moran

cbtoolkit

PostMon Jan 03, 2022 1:03 pm

Well... I "fixed" the issue... in quotes, as I am unsure of any of the why/how of it.

First, I changed how my monitors where laid out in display settings. If the monitor was positioned above my primary monitor (where I move my mouse up or down to move between displays), the problem occurred. If I moved the monitor left or right, the problem didn't occur.

That's odd.

I went into Windows High DPI settings under combability and have:

Use this setting to fix scaling problems.... (checked)
Use the DPI that's set for my main display when [I open this program)
Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: [System (Enhanced)]: checked

And my cursor no longer jumps to the upper right when my display is positioned directly above my primary display.

Not sure why and, for now, not inclined to research more due to projects and time.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Matthew Moran

Sean Nelson

PostMon Jan 03, 2022 4:24 pm

cbtoolkit wrote:Well... I "fixed" the issue... in quotes, as I am unsure of any of the why/how of it.

Thanks for sharing this - it could help the next guy who runs into the problem.
DR Studio 18.6.4 Build 6, Win10Pro x64 22H2/19045.3570
Asus C246 Pro Motherboard, Xeon E-2278G@3.4GHz, 64GB ECC RAM
GeForce 3060 12GB, "Studio" driver 512.15
OS,Library: 1TB NVMe SSD - Project,Cache: 1TB NVMe SSD

Return to DaVinci Resolve