Bug : Extend Edit doesn't warn you when desynching clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Thomas Chatelet

Bug : Extend Edit doesn't warn you when desynching clips

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 9:59 am

Hi,
In the Edit Page, to make a fast and accurate slip edit, I just place my playhead on a selected clip, right on the frame I want, press E (Extend Edit) and voilà, instant slip edit: that frame becomes the first frame of that clip.
And if I mistakenly only had selected the video before that operation, the linked audio is now out of sync, which is a normal behavior.
The problem is: if I make that mistake, I won't get any red warning of desynchronization appearing on the clip after that! And that's pretty sneaky!
I triple checked my clips are duly linked.

Is anybody experiencing the same bug than me?

Andy Mees

Re: Bug : Extend Edit doesn't warn you when desynching clips

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 10:59 am

Wow, Thomas, I didn't know you could use Extend Edit to slip a clip! That's cool... but yes, I can confirm the same behaviour on both Windows and Mac.

Loss of sync is not registered when using the Extend Edit function to slip a clip, thus no red 'out of sync' indicator is displayed after sync loss using this method. Manually pushing such an un-synced clip even further out of sync (or back into sync) will result in the expected 'out of sync' indicator, being displayed but the indicator will be incorrect, registering only the additional sync loss that happens ie after the original loss of sync.

Good find.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Thomas Chatelet

Re: Bug : Extend Edit doesn't warn you when desynching clips

PostTue Jan 18, 2022 11:25 am

Thanks for confirming, Andy!

Return to DaVinci Resolve