Merging sequential clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Gary_Stewart86

Merging sequential clips

PostThu Jan 20, 2022 8:28 pm

Hi everyone. New here, nice to meet you all.

Couple of things I'd like some help with if possible.

Recently moved to DaVinci from Premier and its a big improvement.

I had a multi camera production to edit, 2 cameras, both Canon XF305s. obviously when recording the clips are split in to the irritating 2gb segments. But when I dragged one camera in to DaVinci, it helpfully turned all of the clips in to one file. Which is really handy for multi camera purposes.

But I couldn't get it to do it with the other camera. I've tried replicating it in a new project but I couldn't get it to do it again.

I was wondering if anyone could let me know how to get it to do this on purpose. Hopefully that's legible enough. Sorry it's not very clear, I'm not sure how best to word it and I've no idea what it'd be called to look for it in the manuals and things.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Best wishes.

Gary.

Gary_Stewart86

Re: Merging sequential clips

PostFri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 pm

To answer my own question, I've just noticed in the main folder for camera 1 I have a "index.mif" file. which isn't in camera 2's folder. I just dragged the whole of camera 1's folder in to the media pool in and it merged the clips nicely, when I drag in camera 2's folder, they're all individual. Hopefully that's the problem. Just done a quick Google about index.mif files for canon cameras and that seems to be it.

Return to DaVinci Resolve