Mini panel wheel function stucked

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Batalla1080

Mini panel wheel function stucked

PostThu May 19, 2022 8:25 pm

The gamma wheel does not work for the panel and it also darkens the images of each node where I land, when I disconnect the panel this problem disappears. I already updated it, restoring it to Factory reset and keeping the home button pressed and nothing fixes said problem. I would be grateful if I could get an answer from you as soon as possible.
I would like to avoid the cost of shipping to the USA in the first place, which is why I prefer to describe my problem first and see if anyone else has had something like this.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Mini panel wheel function stucked

PostFri May 20, 2022 3:52 am

if you carefully lift off the master ring, held by magnets, and then remove the trackball, with a dry soft cloth you can carefully wipe the two led sensors un the trackball housing. reassemble and test.

next is more adventurous, remove the bottom panel and check the cables are connected correctly to that trackball assembly.

next, contact BMD support.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Batalla1080

PostFri May 20, 2022 1:28 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:if you carefully lift off the master ring, held by magnets, and then remove the trackball, with a dry soft cloth you can carefully wipe the two led sensors un the trackball housing. reassemble and test.

next is more adventurous, remove the bottom panel and check the cables are connected correctly to that trackball assembly.

next, contact BMD support.

Hi Peter! Thank you very much for your prompt response. I already did the first thing you say. If I do the second step, do you know if I lose the warranty?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSat May 21, 2022 8:19 am

Call support, the bottom panel is an easy process but if it’s in warranty call them to get guidance
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve