Audio issues after updgrading to RTX 3060 ti

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

RikshaDriver

Re: Audio issues after updgrading to RTX 3060 ti

PostFri May 20, 2022 2:16 pm

Annabel_Shanderin wrote:GPU is already running in MSI mode and not sharing irq with anything else.

Screenshot (40).png

Your Audio Controllers are running in Legacy mode though. When you toggle those and reboot, do you still experience crackles/pops?
GitHub Projects: https://github.com/xtremestuff/
Commercial Plugins: https://xtremestuff.net/store/

SeldomSeenKid

PostFri May 20, 2022 2:39 pm

I'm using studio version 17.4.6

Sorry, this was not my question.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
# Threadripper 32 core / 160GB / RTX4000 8GB / WIN10 #
# BMCC / DVR17.4.6 Studio / Speed Editor / Tangent Ripple / X-Touch One / X-Touch mini / Space Explorer / 5.1 HDMI#

mp14mp14

PostFri May 20, 2022 5:02 pm

it would be amazing to have someone from Blackmagic here giving some answers.

Peter McLennan

PostFri May 20, 2022 5:41 pm

Annabel_Shanderin wrote:
peterjackson wrote:
In my case, at least, I am very confident that there is no DPC latency problem. My execution times are very low (as per my latencymon report above), and I just tried Premiere Pro and was able to run multiple tracks of the same 4k video with effects at an audio buffer of 64 samples without being able to produce a single click or pop in the audio (with CUDA enabled). So, can we please direct the attention towards where it is due, as MP14 is pointing out: The problem is with Davinci Resolve.

Edit: Sorry to sound unappreciative – I really do appreciate you all trying to help! It's just frustrating to find out that one is trying to solve a problem which is out of ones hands. And judging from earlier posts of this forum, it seems that this is not a new bug.

Exactly this, Annabel.

In my case at least, converting 4K video to Optimized Media removes the problem. Hence the problem is internal to Resolve.

It's incapable of playing ANY audio media without crackling if 4K video is present in the timeline. It even crackles in the preview (source) monitor, where there is no contention with other media playing simultaneously.

This crackling occurs in no other software except Resolve.

Since others apparently have no such problems, what is it about our systems that differs from others? How can we evaluate these differences?

As mentioned elsewhere, the tech suggestions offered were mostly opaque to users. Editing spurious registry tags sounds like something for those who know precisely what they're doing.
ASUS ROG X570-E motherboard, Ryzen 9 3900X, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD boot, 2TB NVMe work, Zotac RTX 3060 12 GB, Behrenger Uphoria UMC 404HD.

SeldomSeenKid

PostFri May 20, 2022 6:07 pm

This thread had the potential to uncover one of the nastiest problems regarding sound playback in DVR. The knowledgeable people here invested quite some time getting their head around YOUR problem but instead of giving valuable feedback you are constantly crying for BDM support and arguing that the problem is on BDMs table - without knowing what we are talking about here.

Time is precious - over & out
# BMCC / DVR17.4.6 Studio / Speed Editor / Tangent Ripple / X-Touch One / X-Touch mini / Space Explorer / 5.1 HDMI#

mp14mp14

PostFri May 20, 2022 9:33 pm

SeldonSeenKid,
I'm not sure why you reply to me like that.

I just said it would be amazing to read a reply from BM about this issue.
I'm not crying at all. and If you read my older messages you will notices that I already gave a good amount of informationas as user I can't do more than that. I spent time testing this problem.

I'm sure you didn't mean to be rude, I guess you read my last message and you just judge wrong :)
have a great weekend,
Cheers

SeldomSeenKid wrote:

This thread had the potential to uncover one of the nastiest problems regarding sound playback in DVR. The knowledgeable people here invested quite some time getting their head around YOUR problem but instead of giving valuable feedback you are constantly crying for BDM support and arguing that the problem is on BDMs table - without knowing what we are talking about here.

Time is precious - over & out

RikshaDriver

PostSat May 21, 2022 12:15 am

This article probably articulates things in simpler terms:

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... licks-pops

It’s old but valuable.

Where the author talks about pci latency and resource allocation… it aligns with the note regarding enabling MSI for dedicated signalling.

There are also other factors such as buffer size, bit depth and sampling rate that all play into the equation as well.

As I mentioned earlier, each system configuration is unique and the problems that manifest are unique.

No two problems are the same and no two solutions will be the same.

Troubleshooting requires a methodical approach. Sweeping statements and generalizations when one has no understanding of the issue won’t help solve things.

Just to be clear, these are likely system problems, not Resolve specific problems. I too used to think it was Resolve specific, but that frustration was misplaced. There really isn’t much BMD can do here with all the different system configurations. The crackling and popping happens across multiple applications and environments… it’s not just Resolve. Comparisons against other applications are also pointless.

What people are asking for is a quick fix for their particular issue, which is simply not possible.
GitHub Projects: https://github.com/xtremestuff/
Commercial Plugins: https://xtremestuff.net/store/

peterjackson

PostSat May 21, 2022 6:27 am

Might also check this: https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/glitchfree/

I use Cantabile as system wide VST Host all the. Everything goes through it. Even Resolve.

On my laptop I always had to use throttle stop to disable core parking and turbo.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

hockinsk

PostSat May 21, 2022 8:26 am

I would be careful following the Cantibile guide too much. There's changes in there that can have kock-on consequences and imo some if it is outdated theory when it comes to Windows and audio. I know because I followed some of them and ended up rebuilding.

Although every case and setup/needs are different, Pete Brown who is the Principle Software Engineer for Microsoft put together a really nice guide last year. More through build and setup, but he really knows his stuff when it comes to Windows & music.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows- ... de-part-1/
Intel i7, 32GB LPDDR4, NVIDIA GTX 1650 6GB, Windows 10, Davinci Resolve Studio 18.0.4

Alex=Alex

PostSat May 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Im sorry, but im lost.
Why would you want to use audio through HDMI or your GPU? if you have an audio interface this makes no sense to me.
It is also very possible it has to do with how resolve is utilizing your system resources since the GPU upgrade like someone else had mentioned before "resolve likes to use everything it can"

Does your audio interface come with a downloadable program to switch buffer length? Sorry if you mentioned this before but did you also update the drivers for your audio interface?
It makes absolutely no sense to me why an Nvidia audio driver would have anything to do with this since resolve should mostly be using your audio interface anyway.

As stated before, the crackling and popping occurs when the system load is too high and it cant handle it. That is why switching your video size affected it, because for some reason Resolve is adding its GPU resources onto its audio resources, or its just utilizing the wrong hardware altogether.
Inside the box? I didn't know about any box...

Alex=Alex

PostSat May 21, 2022 12:57 pm

As for people saying crying to blackmagic wont help. They made the software, they will know more than anyone about how it uses system resources...

peterjackson

PostSat May 21, 2022 2:55 pm

Also try this
Attachments
hw_sched.png
hw_sched.png (9.57 KiB) Viewed 783 times
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Tasio Liberakis

PostSat May 21, 2022 4:58 pm

I have often had problems with audio interfaces (also with the 1060), off the top of my head not necessarily in this order things you can check in windows 10 are :

reinstall software/ check versions and updates

reinstall drivers/ for DR latest studio driver for nvidia

sampling rates and depth

windows settings

wifi bluetooth antivirus whatever else is running at start up recent windows updates etc.

cables and usb ports

power supply

other hardware failure

I had crackling with a small focusrite and it still doesn't work properly for recording in DR, I use audacity, but playback is fine.
After troubleshooting drivers/ resolve versions/ sample rates/ cables and usb ports.

I am on 17.4.6 build 4
everything at 24 bit 48000hz
W10 pro 22H2|X399 Taichi|TR4 1920x|64GB Hyper X@2133|
3060 12GB/Nvidia 531.41
Nvme system&scratch disks

mp14mp14

PostMon May 23, 2022 3:32 pm

Alex=Alex wrote:Im sorry, but im lost.
Why would you want to use audio through HDMI or your GPU? if you have an audio interface this makes no sense to me.

we don't want HDMI audio output, but it's the only clean audio output for me so even if I dislike the idea of using HDMI audio I'm using it on my mixer now as playback monitor

SeldomSeenKid

PostWed May 25, 2022 7:36 am

I suggested using HDMI audio as a temporary workaround and to isolate the problem. We definitely have an interrupt conflict here, which is affecting at least one of the on-board USB controllers.
Next step: Does your monitor have an USB port? If yes, try one of these with your audio interface. If I am right, your audio should run fine.

peterjackson

PostWed May 25, 2022 9:17 am

SeldomSeenKid wrote:I suggested using HDMI audio as a temporary workaround and to isolate the problem. We definitely have an interrupt conflict here, which is affecting at least one of the on-board USB controllers.
Next step: Does your monitor have an USB port? If yes, try one of these with your audio interface. If I am right, your audio should run fine.
The monitor is just a hub still going to the same controller. How would that help?
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

SeldomSeenKid

PostWed May 25, 2022 10:14 am

Oh... I didn't know this. I thought it's somehow exclusively managed by the GPU. Thanks for the info.
What about an HDMI to USB adapter? Same story?

peterjackson

PostWed May 25, 2022 10:37 am

To my knowledge HDMI cannot carry USB. There is just the CEC back channel.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

SeldomSeenKid

PostWed May 25, 2022 10:51 am

Ok, so my suggestion might not help here.

marniel252

PostFri Jul 29, 2022 9:23 pm

Hello, i have the same problem. I wrote to Blackmagic but i haven´t received nothing of them. In my case he GPU is 3060 and use two audio interfaces. Focusrite Scarlett 18.20 3rd gen and Beheringer
X18- It is very klar the problem is not audio interface' problem or Asio driver' problem. Someone found the solution?

Alex=Alex

PostSun Aug 14, 2022 1:39 pm

Quick fix idea, why not put the older graphics card back in? You could use the newer one for another for gaming, or just sell it. Another quick fix could be selling it then using that money to buy a card that is known to work. Would require some research, but if Blackmagic wont fix this problem then you just gotta do what you have to.

Jim Simon

PostSun Aug 14, 2022 1:52 pm

I just added an RTX 3060 to my system. No issues with audio.

I do use the car's HDMI for audio, no USB audio devices.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

battbatt258

PostWed Nov 09, 2022 12:20 pm

Hi everyone,

I have exactly the same issue on my configuration when I launch Ableton Live. I can hear some audio crackling, not in Ableton only but when I play some music on Spotify or when playing videos on Youtube.

The audio artefacts appeared when I upgrading to a dedicated gpu, RTX2070.

The artefacts disappear when I disable RTX 2070's driver in the device manager.

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Config :
ROG STRIX B 550 F Gaming
AMD Ryzen 7 5700 g (with radeon graphics)
NVIDIA RTX 2070
32 Go RAM
Windows 10 Pro
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve