DaVinci Resolve, Multiple Audio Tracks Exporting in order

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Kirghiz_Light

DaVinci Resolve, Multiple Audio Tracks Exporting in order

PostWed May 18, 2022 10:32 am

Hello,

I'm quite new to Resolve and in need of some urgent help. I'm trying to export multiple audio tracks for a sound engineer to make changes to in his Logic program. The issue is when I export the multiple audio files, when uploaded into Logic they simply are listed one by one starting at the same point, not as they should be on the timeline at the correct time stamps. Is there a way to export the audio files so that they are in the same order that they are in on the Resolve timeline?

Thank you!

Reynaud Venter

Re: DaVinci Resolve, Multiple Audio Tracks Exporting in orde

PostThu May 19, 2022 8:52 am

On the Fairlight Timeline use the "Export Audio Files" function from the Clip's contextual menu.

Use the "Individual Clips" and "Entire Timeline" options in the "Export Audio Files" window.
Deliverables include an embedded Origination Time and Time Reference.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Kirghiz_Light

PostFri May 20, 2022 10:13 am

Reynaud Venter wrote:On the Fairlight Timeline use the "Export Audio Files" function from the Clip's contextual menu.

Use the "Individual Clips" and "Entire Timeline" options in the "Export Audio Files" window.
Deliverables include an embedded Origination Time and Time Reference.

Hi Reynaud, thank you very much for this. Do you think you'd be able to send images of how to do this? I'm sorry for the trouble I'm just very new to this program.

Reynaud Venter

PostSun May 22, 2022 10:58 am

- Export Tracks -

Channel Format:
(a) Multi-mono = e.g. One Stereo Track > Two Mono Files (i.e. "Filename.L.wav" + "Filename.R.wav)
(b) Interleaved (one file per Track) = e.g. Two Stereo Tracks > Two Files with Two embedded channels
(c) Interleaved - Single File = e.g. Two Stereo Tracks > 1 File with Four embedded channels

Export:
Consolidated file(s)

(a) Entire Timeline = No Range required
(b) Selected Range = define Range with In (keybinding = I) and Out (keybinding = O) points.

Export Tracks.png
Export Tracks.png (62.22 KiB) Viewed 5228 times

- Export Clips -
In Logic Pro 10.7.4 to move timestamped files: Edit menu > Move > To Recorded Position

Channel Format:
Multi-mono or Interleaved

Export:
Individual Clips

(a) Entire Timeline = No Range required
(b) Selected Range = define Range with In and Out points.
(c) Selected Clips = mouse drag marquee to select individual Audio Clips

Export Clips.png
Export Clips.png (20.29 KiB) Viewed 5228 times

TIP: Additional Options (3 dots) menu provides facility to save and recall Presets.

Presets.png
Presets.png (15.2 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve