Audio Input Pop-up not showing up

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

neetz07

Audio Input Pop-up not showing up

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 2:14 pm

I don't know if this is a problem due to some setting but I'm not able to solve this, I used fairlight to record audio and I was able to get it working, but sometimes during new project i have this problem where in the audio track when i click on input ( to select my microphone) the pop-up or the window doesn't appear at all even if i click on input multiple times. I faced this problem last time as well, but i don't know what i did to make that window appear, I am missing something very trivial i think but i don't understand what makes that window not to appear. :(
Please help

joeexception

Re: Audio Input Pop-up not showing up

PostTue May 24, 2022 2:07 am

I know this has been ages, but did you manage to fix this problem? I'm having the same issue (with Resolve 18 beta)
Thanks

Reynaud Venter

PostTue May 24, 2022 5:34 am

Are you able to open Patch IO via the Fairlight menu?

Is this on a Windows system?
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

joeexception

PostTue May 24, 2022 5:58 am

Sorry, yes should have given some more information.
Using Windows 10 with the 02 beta of Studio. In the time since my original message, I've upgraded to the 18.03b, restarted, and the problem still seems to exist.
Clicking to select an Input source ('No input / Input...'), at the top of the mixer channel in Fairlight doesn't bring up the input selector. All other windows (the 'path settings' in the same menu, Fx, EQ etc) seem to be fine - but neither the 'Input...' or 'Bus...' options bring up their patch windows.
Audio is set correctly (and sounds fine) in the main Resolve preferences.

Reynaud Venter

PostTue May 24, 2022 6:16 am

Patching sources is possible via Patch I/O?
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

joeexception

PostWed May 25, 2022 4:04 am

Been playing with this for the past day or so. Just to answer your question @Reynaud, no the Patch I/O window wouldn't open at all.
I however appear to have got it working (hopefully it will stay working!)... For anyone who might run into a similar problem, I was using an NDI source on the same PC and my Windows audio input device had changed its default to the NDI audio (from my usual Focusrite USB audio interface). This shouldn't have been a problem (in theory I should be able to switch in patch IO), but the window wouldn't open until I manually switched the 'Windows' input device back.

Return to DaVinci Resolve