Import image sequence not working anymore

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

hairyhippy

Import image sequence not working anymore

PostWed May 25, 2022 6:59 am

I can't import images as a sequence anymore. I did this for years. Now it's not possible. The Images will always appear as a slide show in the time line. Selecting them all and changing their duration to one frame sadly is not possible and needs to be done for each frame individually. I can't find a way to tell Davinci to create a sequence from my images. Is there any? I'd rather do this in Resolve than ffmpg.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Import image sequence not working anymore

PostWed May 25, 2022 7:29 am

For single frame based formats, dpx, tiff etc, when you drag clips from the media storage window to the media pool, they will be treated as separate frames or a sequence based on the option you select in the 3dots options list, in the media storage palette. There is an auto option and then manual selection if you need.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

hairyhippy

PostWed May 25, 2022 10:06 am

Fixed

Thanks for your reply. The issue was the file names though. The file names need to end with sequential numbering. In my case they started with sequential numbers.

001(1).tif, 002(1).tif, 003(1).tif... not working because of (1)

I removed the (1) and now its working

JonasC

PostThu May 04, 2023 1:21 pm

I hope it's alright to add to this subject. I'm a completely new user, and I had the same issue with DaVinvi Resolve 18.5 not being able to import images as a sequence. I don't have the 3 dots options list to select frame viewing as sequence and all my files were sequentially named.

I found a fix though. It works in the "Edit" tab, and then dragging in all images directly to the timeline, instead of importing the to the media pool first. Then it automatically creates an image sequence in the timeline.

This is just for anyone who's sitting with the same issue. I couldn't find this issue mentioned a lot of places, and this solution weren't written anywhere :)

Jim Simon

PostSat May 06, 2023 2:27 pm

Image Sequence.png
Image Sequence.png (12.23 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve