New Mac Studio M1 issues with solutions to fix

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Skipper Martin

New Mac Studio M1 issues with solutions to fix

PostSun May 29, 2022 12:59 am

Posted these to "Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve User Group" on Facebook, copying here just in case.

I had 2 strange problems that were both solved with this thanks to the always awesome Dwaine Maggart. My new Mac Studio has been buggy with "stop and go to last position" being stuck on forcing my playhead back to the same position every time I stop playing. Annoying, but I could get by around this. Yesterday my GUI viewer started to freeze yet my output through my Ultrastudio 4K Mini was fine. Dwaine had me uninstall my Desktop Video and download / install version 12.3 which just got released. (NOT THE NEW BETA!)

Both problems solved. He believes this problem may be limited to Mac M1's.

Second problem but related because it's possibly another M1 issue. Those using "Neat Video" plug-in might discover it not showing up in Resolve. It didn’t on my new Mac Studio. When you go to Resolve preferences and look at video OFX plug-ins mine said “failed to load.” Simply click the check mark next to the plug-in, close the prefs. Exit and re-enter Resolve and it’ll return like normal. Took a bit of time with their tech support Vlad, but he did kill this pesky gremlin.

Thanks to both Dwaine and Vlad for fixing these issues for me, and hope they help others in need.

Skipper

Uli Plank

Re: New Mac Studio M1 issues with solutions to fix

PostSun May 29, 2022 9:19 am

I can't see the Neatvideo bug here, might be limited to Studio machines.
It shows in that list with a checkmark and it works.
Or are you on beta 18?
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Skipper Martin

Re: New Mac Studio M1 issues with solutions to fix

PostSun May 29, 2022 9:58 am

No, I'm on the latest 17

Return to DaVinci Resolve