Transferring to a new computer

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

derohanes

Transferring to a new computer

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 5:12 pm

I would like some help in moving my projects to a new computer. All Windows 10. I was running Resolve on an older computer that kept on crashing when I tried to do some things in Fusion. So, I got a new computer with Nvidia and a more powerful processor. Because of limited resources on the old computer, Resolve sat on the C: drive, but clips, audio and renderings were on an external 2TB drive (F:). I want to move my projects from the old to the new computer. I selected a project and exported it. Installed DaVinci Resolve 17 on the new computer and imported the project. When I open it all the clips which reside on the external drive are shown in red, How do I point to the new location of the clips, while maintaining the work I did in it, such as Coloring, Fusion, transitions, etc.? Simply moving the clips into the media pool does not replace the red clip indicators, and all the work I did to the clips in the old system do not appear.

Jim Simon

Re: Transferring to a new computer

PostThu Jun 30, 2022 2:11 pm

From the Media Pool select all the clips in a bin, right click, Relink Selected Clips...
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve