"Shot Match to this Clip" Feature Not Working

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

bgcanipe

"Shot Match to this Clip" Feature Not Working

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 pm

Hey everyone, this may be a noob question (im new to resolve), but after attempting to find an answer for hours, I decided that maybe the collective knowledge of this forum can help.

I am trying to use the "Shot Match to this Clip" feature to line up the color grading in several clips, at first it worked fine no issues. Now it will not take any effect at all. I've restarted program and PC, deleted entire timeline and started over etc, but it will not work.

I click on the video I want to grade, then CTRL click the shot I want to steal the grade from, I right click and choose "Shot Match to this Clip", but no effect takes place. I've waited to see if it takes effect and nothing. I've literally tried everything I can think of, but no clip will shot match anymore.

Is there something I am doing wrong or something I can do to fix this?

Thanks so much in advance.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: "Shot Match to this Clip" Feature Not Working

PostSat Jul 02, 2022 11:05 am

Why control click?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

carsonjones

Re: "Shot Match to this Clip" Feature Not Working

PostThu Mar 07, 2024 11:18 pm

Just hit this wall myself. Shot Match to this Clip suddenly stopped working without any clear understanding as to why.

I've checked the manual and don't see anything I could have done to prevent this from working. I have attached a screen capture of my Project settings. Note also that I am not using colour management in the project settings and am instead using CST nodes per clip and am applying the Shot Match to this clip after the CST OUT node. This has worked well in the past however Shot Match to this clip simply isn't doing anything now.

Wondering if there's a bug I haven't come across in my search or if there's a gotcha' that I don't know about.

FOLLOW UP: Never mind. Sorted it out. Seems 'Shot Match to this Clip' doesn't work when Davinci WG/Intermediate is set as the timeline colour space. Switch this to Rec 709 and everything works as expected. Shame to not have the option to use this while using the preferred Davinci WG. Hope this helps someone else and saves them some troubleshooting time.
Attachments
0001225.jpg
0001225.jpg (314.26 KiB) Viewed 258 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve