Clip is frozen when trying to track it

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

moosology

Clip is frozen when trying to track it

PostWed Jul 06, 2022 7:42 am

I'm very new to this program and video editing in general, so I'm probably just missing something obvious but I've tried to search for the solution to no avail. I'm trying to track one clip on top of another, but when I do the image is frozen.

I don't understand why and I've tried changing everything I possibly can and have tried saving the clip in different ways to see if there's some way to make it work, but it just won't. Sometimes when I hook up a clip to the tracking node it doesn't even show up, and when I view the image source it's just blank, but if I go into the inspector tab and hit reset then the frozen image pops up but still doesn't move.

It's so frustrating, I've spent like two hours just trying to make this work.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Clip is frozen when trying to track it

PostWed Jul 06, 2022 7:52 am

I presume you are referring to the Fusion page tracker, but thats not clear, nor your OS or Resolve version.

Do the individual clips play without tracking?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

moosology

Re: Clip is frozen when trying to track it

PostThu Jul 07, 2022 7:07 am

Oh, sorry. I'm on Windows 10 and using Resolve version 17.4.6 build 4. They play in the timeline but not in the fusion tab.

I might have figured out how to make it work though, before I was just opening one clip in the fusion tab and dragging the other one in from the media pool, but if I select them together and create a new fusion clip it seems to work. I'm not sure why though, the nodes and everything look identical to what I was doing before.

Hopefully it keeps working this way.

Return to DaVinci Resolve