Multiuser Collaboration Media Offline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MJ2468

Multiuser Collaboration Media Offline

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 7:01 pm

Colleague and I are both on the most recent version of Resolve. Both operating from the same nearest server. I've set up a Multiuser Cloud project, and my colleague can get into the project and see the bins and files within, but when attempting to view the media files, he gets a "Media Offline" error while I can see them. The files are on my local hard drive but I need him to be able to see the project. The hard drive is connected and we are both in the project at the same time. How do I get this collab to work so he can see the media? Useless otherwise.

Likewise, I will randomly and intermittently get the same "Media Offline" error while working on my own device when the drive is fully connected and nothing changed. I go to relink the media and it wont let me connect it. I have to quit and restart Resolve and suddenly it's magically connected again.

Please advise.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Multiuser Collaboration Media Offline

PostSat Aug 06, 2022 9:20 am

Each system needs direct access to the media either by duplication or by shared access

The project hold the instructions to create the project but not the media.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

MJ2468

PostMon Aug 08, 2022 5:02 am

I see. Would "shared access" mean he'd hav access to the drive I'm using vs "duplication" meaning he has a copy of the media on a separate drive of his own? Or is "Shared access" the name for a feature I'm not familiar with?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Aug 08, 2022 6:57 am

Access to the drive, at the same time as you.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

redranger236

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 9:30 pm

Im finding the same problem. The client has shared his project and I'm able to see it, but everything is red and it says media offline. The project is on the client's computer, any suggestions as to what we should do so I could get access to the project? We tried sharing the project over drive but its just way too big.

Return to DaVinci Resolve